Best way to get £100 off a card?

Options
I recently paid off the remaining balance on one of my credit cards, but with my eagerness at getting it cleared, I managed to overpay them so that I'm now £100 in credit. Is there any way of transferring this to my current account, or towards paying off another credit card?

Comments

• CopperPlate_2
    CopperPlate_2 Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    Options
    I think if you contact the provider and ask to close the account they either usually transfer the balance to a nominated account, or send you a cheque. Alternatively you could transfer the outstanding £100 to another credit card if you've a balance on it, but you might incur a 2%/£X fee if you did that - not really worth it for a hundred quid IMO. Best bet would be the cheque route, but there are probably other alternatives.
  • sicker
    sicker Posts: 1,370 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I suggest you phone them and ask them to close the card and send you a cheque for the positive balance.

John.
  • sicker
    sicker Posts: 1,370 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Took too long typing!!!!!!!

John.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Even if you don't want to close the CC account, just ask them and they will either send you a cheque or will transfer the money back to your current account.
  • sprintstar
    sprintstar Posts: 175 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the quick responses, I did plan to cancel the card so I'll give them a ring and ask them to send me a cheque. Never thought I'd see the day where I'd be asking them to send me money!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure