EON and UDS Utility Debt Services

Options
124»

Comments

• KarlH
    KarlH Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    I have today sent another email to Eon. Lets see if I get a reply this time.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi KarlH and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry you're still waiting for replies to your emails.

To stop follow up for outstanding balances, there needs to be a formal payment arrangement in place.

A formal arrangement will have been confirmed by letter with set payment dates and set amounts. Have you received anything like this?

Was the reply you received on 25 Feb a written acceptance of a formal plan or an acknowledgement of your earlier email?

If you asked for a formal arrangement and this wasn't done, then we're at fault and the £10 charge isn't valid. Provided, that is, the payments were made as per the agreed schedule.

A looser type of set up, though, will show an outstanding balance with no set agreement to clear. Should this be the case, then the £10 charge is valid.

Sorry for all the questions KarlH. Trying to build up a picture of what might have happened here. Happy to take a look for you if you drop an email to the address in my Profile with your details.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • KarlH
    Options
    My Original Email below:

Mail date: 20 February 2014

Good Afternoon I received you letter today regarding the outstanding balance on my account. This balance will be cleared on the 14th March. This is the earliest I can pay. Sorry for the delay

The Response from Eon:

Mail date: 25 February 2014

Good Afternoon Mr Harding, thanks for getting in touch.

It is fine to pay your outstanding balance on the 14th of March 2014.

Kind regards,

Joanne Donaldson
    Customer Services
  • KarlH
    Options
    Eon today emailed me stating they was sorry for adding the £10 to my account and that they removed it.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi KarlH

Think I can see what's happened here. Following your email, we should've set up a formal arrangement so you could clear the balance before the next bill was sent.

This would've given you time to make payments as suggested in your first email. It would also have stopped debt follow up.

Instead, I suspect we just noted the account of your intention to pay and acknowledged the email.

I'm sorry we didn't do the right thing first time round. If I've speculated correctly, clearing the tenner is now the right thing to do.

I'll be following up on this as we're currently making changes to improve our debt follow up.

Glad it's sorted and thanks for letting me know.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure