Why Do People On Benefits Get Help With Housing Yet We Cant?

Options

Comments

• Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Struggling to find an actual question in this :confused:

If its just a rant about being "on the sick" you are on the wrong board. If you want help on what benefits you might be entitled to while off sick then you need to ask the questions.

So what help is it you require?
  • Scarlett1
    Scarlett1 Posts: 6,887 Forumite
    Options
    i dont see how shes seing to the kids and weve only got one computer is someone taking the mick.got to be honest read the single mum of 5 thread as someone said that they thought we were related earlier is someone winding me up because my debts are real alittle to real to be honest.I hope im not having fun poked as i came on here for help and advise not sarcasm for having more than 2 kids,as were far from benefit wallers which northerners with a few kids are called.

according to this thread you are the wife ??

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=3137481#post3137481

;)
  • Scarlett1
    Scarlett1 Posts: 6,887 Forumite
    Options
    Struggling to find an actual question in this :confused:

If its just a rant about being "on the sick" you are on the wrong board. If you want help on what benefits you might be entitled to while off sick then you need to ask the questions.

So what help is it you require?
    I might be wrong, but its a wind up by the looks of it :rolleyes:
  • boltonangel
    boltonangel Posts: 1,018 Forumite
    Options
    can i just ask why you chose to pay such a high mortgage on interest only (basically renting anyway - but with more expense)- rather than simply rent - and get all your repairs for free?

and now you are moaning that you can't afford it - as for the 'i have debt cos i'm a chef and am constantly out of work' - my husband has been a chef since 16 - and touch wood has never been out of work, nor have his colleagues.

i too own my own house, and as you can see from my signature am skint and in lots of debt - but unlike you i'm trying to help MYSELF the government didn't spend my money for me, i chose to live where i live and have my child - yes i claim every penny i am entitled to, but it is not a god given right.
    if you are that bothered sell the house and rent.

i'm sorry if i've offended you but there are genuine people on here who don't feel sorry for themselves and just get on with it as best they can (with help from fellow MSEers of course!!)
    Lead me not into temptation, I can find the way myself.

wins - peroni bottle opener, peroni bowl, peroni coastersx2 and a vodkat cocktail kit,
    would love to win something 'proper'!!
  • healy
    healy Posts: 5,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Scarlett1 wrote:
    I might be wrong, but its a wind up by the looks of it :rolleyes:

Futher odd thing - On the thread you quoted the person says they have a Mortgage of £86,000 and here the person bought their house for £86,000 with a deposit of £14,000 so the story has changed

Hmmm!
  • the_taws_family_of_7
    Options
    ive only ever claimed dole once for about 3 weeks what i mean is that ive gone from job to job,ie temporary,agency etc never had a hugely long permanent position the interest only mortgage was short term which i already explained earlier and bought our house at 20 when we married only just moved into this one 2 year ago so we had more space did try to get a council house but not seen as a priority unless home is repossessed i just think it would be fairer if everyone was treat the same and homeowners werent forgotten.i wasnt asking a question just having a moan.
    can i just ask why you chose to pay such a high mortgage on interest only (basically renting anyway - but with more expense)- rather than simply rent - and get all your repairs for free?

and now you are moaning that you can't afford it - as for the 'i have debt cos i'm a chef and am constantly out of work' - my husband has been a chef since 16 - and touch wood has never been out of work, nor have his colleagues.

i too own my own house, and as you can see from my signature am skint and in lots of debt - but unlike you i'm trying to help MYSELF the government didn't spend my money for me, i chose to live where i live and have my child - yes i claim every penny i am entitled to, but it is not a god given right.
    if you are that bothered sell the house and rent.

i'm sorry if i've offended you but there are genuine people on here who don't feel sorry for themselves and just get on with it as best they can (with help from fellow MSEers of course!!)
    DEBT £45,OOO AT 9/10/06:mad: HERES TO A FRESH START!
  • the_taws_family_of_7
    Options
    Scarlett1 wrote:
    no we are a family thats why we called it family taws of 7 as i stated earlier we signed up together this morning i dont know why in explaining myself someones really playing a nasty trick and i dont see why im been called a liar when just asking for some advice?
  • the_taws_family_of_7
    Options
    healy wrote:
    Futher odd thing - On the thread you quoted the person says they have a Mortgage of £86,000 and here the person bought their house for £86,000 with a deposit of £14,000 so the story has changed

Hmmm!
    my life hasnt changed just someones messing with it arent they there are some really nasty people playing with my problems.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ive only ever claimed dole once for about 3 weeks what i mean is that ive gone from job to job,ie temporary,agency etc never had a hugely long permanent position the interest only mortgage was short term which i already explained earlier and bought our house at 20 when we married only just moved into this one 2 year ago so we had more space did try to get a council house but not seen as a priority unless home is repossessed i just think it would be fairer if everyone was treat the same and homeowners werent forgotten.i wasnt asking a question just having a moan.
    The Benefits Board is not the place to moan and in particular its not for complaining about why people who are unfortunate enough to be on benefits can get help with housing.
  • the_taws_family_of_7
    Options
    True But Probably Wont Own For About 50 Years And Is Infact An Ex Council House That I Paid £86000 For .we Pay £500 A Month Mortgage With No Help And Had To Put £14,000 Down Deposit I Suppose Im Feeling Sorry 4 Myself But At Present Wish We Had A Council House Life Would Be So Much Easier.
    just so i keep u right as you dont seem to believe me after i put the £14000 down i have a £86,000 mortgage.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure