🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What if I don't know if I was mis-sold??

Options
I have had a number of loans and cards over the years going back to 1998, until very recently I have had PPI on all of them. The policies have always been added/sold by the loan/card provider. Some of the loans/cards are now paid off and therefore the PPI has ended on those.

However, I don't actually know if I have ever been mis-sold... I cannot recall whether I was ever told they were compulsory or just added, a couple I think I was given a choice on and through paranoia that I'd be in a situation where I couldn't pay the debt I have always accepted it as part of the policy.

How do I go about looking into if I have been a victim of mis-selling???

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    MTpockets wrote: »
    I have had a number of loans and cards over the years going back to 1998, until very recently I have had PPI on all of them. The policies have always been added/sold by the loan/card provider. Some of the loans/cards are now paid off and therefore the PPI has ended on those.

However, I don't actually know if I have ever been mis-sold... I cannot recall whether I was ever told they were compulsory or just added, a couple I think I was given a choice on and through paranoia that I'd be in a situation where I couldn't pay the debt I have always accepted it as part of the policy.

How do I go about looking into if I have been a victim of mis-selling???

Hiya

Check Martin's checklist below, if any of them apply to you then go for it....
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#checklist

If any of this applies to you, this takes you to the reclaiming questionnaire, which you complete and send to whoever set up and sold you the policy from the start.
    Remember to keep copies of everything you send and receive, in case you need to refer to them at some point.
    They do have 8 weeks, but may ask for more time, as many have backlogs as well.
    Hope this helps, good luck.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#reclaim
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business