🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

ppi claim help to do it myself help!!!

Options
Hi everyone,
I have been looking to claim my ppi back but am in the dark a little so hope to get help here. I have sent of for details of the loan I took out with Santander in 2005 for 6 1/2 k and they have sent me the breakdown of figures.
What do I do now, what bits do I ask back for etc. I can give you the breakdown figures if that helps.
thanks for now

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,695 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You dont need the figures or the information you requested.

All you need to do is complain about why you think you were mis-sold. Or better still just fill in the PPI complaint questionnaire and add some personal reasons why you think they mis-sold you if not already covered with the answers you have given.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Elaine_M
    Options
    Many thanks, just a daunting road I suppose. I will have a look at the form you state and hopefully go on from there.
    Any more help is gratefully received
    Me
  • Elaine_M
    Options
    I have looked at the form but am unable to fill it in, must be my computer not letting me type in the boxes.
    Also at the time I am not sure what employment I was in and it does not indicate on the paperwork they have sent me. I have suffered a lot of depression since then so I have a few caps in my memory. If I just make my own letter and follow most of the body laid on on the original will it be as successful
    Thanks
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,008 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Elaine_M wrote: »
    I have looked at the form but am unable to fill it in, must be my computer not letting me type in the boxes.
    Also at the time I am not sure what employment I was in and it does not indicate on the paperwork they have sent me. I have suffered a lot of depression since then so I have a few caps in my memory. If I just make my own letter and follow most of the body laid on on the original will it be as successful
    Thanks
    Hi there and welcome, yes if you feel more comfortable writing a letter in your own words to recaim then do that.Your claim will still be looked at regardless. It does not have to be the magna carta, just a few lines to say you were mis sold this ppi and give your reasons, look here for reasons.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#checklist
    Please send this recorded delivery and they have 8 weeks to reply.Good luck with this and if you need any more help, just SHOUT.
  • Elaine_M
    Options
    thanks so much for all your help here. I am going to write to the h/office although it was taken out with my local abbey, now santander, to say I was lead to believe that it just came with the loan as standed and was not optional.
    here goes.........
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Amersall, I think you still have to fill in the FOS form regardless IF you send the complaint into FOS that is. I know that one of mine was held up because I did not do it and they sent everything back to me and asked that I do it.
  • amersall
    Options
    marshallka wrote: »
    Amersall, I think you still have to fill in the FOS form regardless IF you send the complaint into FOS that is. I know that one of mine was held up because I did not do it and they sent everything back to me and asked that I do it.
    Yes that is right with the form that you send to fos, but initially to reclaim from bank just a letter in your own words is enough. The only one of mine that went to fos was the fp one and then i had to fill in the fos form.Some banks may send you one of their own forms to fill in as barclays did with me.
  • amersall
    Options
    My friend had one of hers held up that she sent to fos because she did not fill the form in. and fos are slow anyway ! it is so frustrating when you have to do it all again.Think she waited an extra 4 weeks by the time she sent the form in and got a reply from fos.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport