What do i need to send to past lenders?

Options
Hi all,
I am wanting to see if I had PPI on loans I had in the past but I am unsure on what to do, I had a loan with halifax for £3000 which i aid back in 3 months, I had a secured loan with endevour personal finace to the tune of £52000, which I have paid off in full. As i dont have any paperwork for these accounts how do i go about asking them for a copy of the credit agreements, do I telephone them or send a letter.

Best regards

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    maximus999 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I am wanting to see if I had PPI on loans I had in the past but I am unsure on what to do, I had a loan with halifax for £3000 which i aid back in 3 months, I had a secured loan with endevour personal finace to the tune of £52000, which I have paid off in full. As i dont have any paperwork for these accounts how do i go about asking them for a copy of the credit agreements, do I telephone them or send a letter.

Best regards

Hi there
    You always pursue the ones who sold and set up the finance, these are the ones responsible, sometimes the lender can be both, but not always as some use a broker.
    One of my lenders were Endeavour, but the broker was Click Finance, who I had to pursue them for the mis selling of the loan ppi they arranged via Endeavour.

How far back does yours go.

You can give it a go with your reasons no matter how long ago really, but the older they are, they can be more difficult, although there have still been success with ppi accounts even from the 90's and so.

If you need any paperwork, you could request a SAR......
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1475553

Further info on reclaiming here:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#reclaim

Do ask for any help from here, good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport