Tucan Claims - are they bone fide?

Options
I had a call from Tucan who claim that they can get money credited on your credit cards if you give them permission to act on your behalf by getting credit card companies to provide evidence that they sent you updates of changes in terms (ie increase of credit limit)if they cant, your card will be credited. They will also chase up whether you have been charged for PPI and that is where they will make their money.
They ask for a deposit up front which will be fully refundable. Too good to be true? any one had experience of them?

Comments

• Tixy
    Tixy Posts: 31,455 Forumite
    Options
    Too good to be true
    Similar previous threads (two of many)
    toucan claims are they genuine????
    Tucan Claims
    A smile enriches those who receive without making poorer those who give
    or "It costs nowt to be nice"
  • burntbap
    Options
    mikedoc wrote: »
    I had a call from Tucan who claim that they can get money credited on your credit cards if you give them permission to act on your behalf by getting credit card companies to provide evidence that they sent you updates of changes in terms (ie increase of credit limit)if they cant, your card will be credited. They will also chase up whether you have been charged for PPI and that is where they will make their money.
    They ask for a deposit up front which will be fully refundable. Too good to be true? any one had experience of them?

DO NOT get involved with this company
    i gave them permision to claim on my behalf
    and changed my mind 2 days later after a bit of reserch
    they say u have a 14 day cooling off period well that was
    8 weeks ago and i'm still awaiting my refund!!:mad:
  • Fruit_and_Nut_Case
    Options
    See also this recent MSE News article OFT kills 'debt write-off' industry
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The rule is easy: any financial services company that calls you to offer their services is one that you should not do business with, because legitimate financial service companies don't do this.
  • Zannie
    Zannie Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Do not go with them. There is a simple rule - if it sounds too good to be true it usually is" I just checked their website
    "Tucan Claims charge an administration fee of £249.99 and a backend fee of 10%." (this is cut and pasted from their site) obviously if you win you get it back but there is stuff on this site to help you make a claim - for free
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,376 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 4 October 2011 at 11:57PM
    Options
    i dont normally come in this section but saw this thread from the main board.

Tucan claims have an abysmal reputation and the claims they are making are false. They are following the same business model as Cartel, Kerobo and others where they get loads of money up front, then when it gets to the point they are meant to refund as they have failed (which will be in the majority of cases) there is no longer any money left in the company to pay refunds and the company goes into administration and you dont get your money back but the directors have earned hundreds of thousands of pounds, or even millions by taking it out of the company before it fails.

This forum isnt the right one for your subject. Just take a look in the reclaims forums (maybe a board moderator will move this post to the correct section).
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • CannyJock
    CannyJock Posts: 3,838 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    (maybe a board moderator will move this post to the correct section).

Or delete it as it's asked and answered every other day?
    "A child of five could understand this. Fetch me a child of five." - Groucho Marx
  • judit
    Options
    This company is still conning money out of gullible people. An 86 year old friend of mine has just had £249.99 stopped from his account as he believed the company were going to give him the money when they made an unsolicited phone call to his home about reclaiming PPI. We have sent a recorded delivery letter to the address on their letter which they subsequently sent to him (which is different from the one on their website) asking for the money back as as he has no claim to make. The letter has been delivered and received within the cooling off period of 14 days. We await now to see what happens.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,376 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have just been cold called by Tucan Claims on my business line. Ignoring the fact it is TPS, the phone was answered with the company name (which includes financial services) I was told a bunch of lies, such as the selling of insurance being banned (which it isnt) and that I could claim my money back just by having it (which is not correct) and that I could still claim the money back even though I set up my own insurances (which is just stupid)

I know John Mann MP has stated on his website that they are a scam company but having just had the experience of the cold call with them, I would suggest everyone avoids this disgraceful company.

note for board admin: link to John Mann's comments: http://www.johnmannmp.com/mp-issues-warning-on-scam-company
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • rusdove
    rusdove Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 20 November 2011 at 1:11AM
    Options
    My experience with Tucan claims is dire. I was telephoned canvassed because I had my credit limit increased on a credit card in the 19., 19,s and I could receive over £1000 compensation. I thought about it after agreeing to the cold canvas caller and paying £249.99. I then cancelled 3 hours later and had the foresight to write them a letter cancelling their services and sending a copy to my bank. After tedious repeated attempts, and failing to get my refund I submitted a claim through "money claims on line" it cost me £25 to register my claim on line. Eventually they wanted to repay me but refused to pay my court costs. They eventually agreed to repay everything including my court costs when I threatened to go for judgement. The Court action prompted them to repay me my £249.99 plus my £25 costs before I went for judgement and then baliffs. My experience with this company and my personal opinion is that they are not a Company of integrity and they are to be avoided. However I would be interested to hear of anyone having a happy and succesful conclusion following their partnership with this Company???
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure