Some Advice

Options
I have 2 debts outstanding one with Northern Rock and one with Direct Legal Collections.

Northern Rock was taken out as part of a together mortgage in 2003, we sold our property and repaid the secured loan. We have the unsecured part outstanding, should I write a letter regarding reclaiming the PPI on this account.

The loan with DLC was actually one taken out with HSBC. we initially had a loan, overdraft and credit card with HSBC and when we got into difficulty they offered us a managed loan facility to repay them all (this happened in 2004/5). Due to job lose, having children we were unable to meet the commitments here and they defaulted us and passed the account to Direct Legal Collections.

I only have an account number for Northern Rock and Direct Legal Collections so assume that i should be contacting these companies about the PPI

Can anyone give me some advice about who I should be writing too about this?

Also, not sure if this is the right place but would I have a case for the loans/credit cards/overdraft being unenforceable?

Comments

• marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    If you lost your job did you try to claim on the PPI?
  • boblardo
    Options
    No didn't try and claim on the PPI, was only out of work for a couple of weeks. had some savings which covered it for that period
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Ok, so you never put in a claim because you were not out of work for long and had savings to cover you. IF you are wanting to make the debts unenforceable (no idea on this one TBH) then you would be best to post on the Loans forum as there are lots of posts like this over there.

As regards your PPI what are your reasons for wanting to reclaim it back? If you say you were in work when you had it, did it actually cover you had you wanted to use it? If you want to make a reclaim for misselling then there is a guide here
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance?dd

You would write to whoever sold you the PPI policies and give them 8 weeks for a full and final response.

As you have the loan(s) with a debt company (i assume!!) then anything that you did get back would most probably used to reduce the debt and if any is left over then this would come back to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure