GE money PPi and charges

Options
OK..so I'm in a mess and I know it. All advice very gratefully received. I took out a loan in 2006 to consolidate debt after a long period of illness. The loan was with GE money (Southern Pacific Mortgages Ltd) and was for £29,000. After years of struggling, they eventually took me to court earlier this year and there is an order on my property. I am in the process of trying to sell the house (I've given up trying now and I can't take any more pressure). I asked GE for a settlement fee and they did....its £45,000 made up of PPI (£5000) (which was on the original credit agreement but I didn't realise I had!) plus 'fees' for the arrears. I make that £11,000 worth of fees!!!. They won't help me and won't discuss where the £11,000 has come from.
GE didn't mention they had added £11,000 in fees for arrears in court and I didn't realise it had been added. I just don't know how to deal with this or where to start. Please help me x

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hello

Sorry to hear of your issues and hope this sorts out very soon.

Bumping this one for someone with more experience to have a look and maybe give you some help on this.

Fingers crossed.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family