I'd appreciate some advice please?

Options
Hi all,

I have been balance transferring for about 3 years now. I'm now down to the final 3k and all being well the next balance transfer will be the last. In order to have the whole balance on 0% cards I've had to have 2 cards at a time. So in the past 3 years the cards I've had have been Virgin, Egg, MBNA, Barclaycard, Nationwide, Santander, Postoffice.

I always, always cancel the cards when I've transferred from them. However this week I foolishly applied for the Barclaycard again in the hope that as it has been 18 months since I've had one I would get another. For some strange reason the old card account was still open (this is something that has now been cancelled) but clearly I was declined the card on this basis.

First time I've been declined for anything - ever. Never missed a payment, never had a late payment, always pay above the min.

I don't want to apply for and be declined another card. I'd really appreciate some advice on which card I could/should apply in these circumstance?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• tatty_teddy_3
    Options
    Don't reapply with any of the company's you have previously had cards as have you have discovered with Barclaycard they won't expect you or you won't be eligable for the offer as not be a 'new' card customer (small print!)

I'm not sure of any company's apart from Creation who have a bt offer & are pretty lax with there approval system with the cards you've had im afraid.
  • quantumleap
    Options
    Thanks for the reply. You've hit the nail on the head. I don't want lots of declined on my credit file as it' really good at the moment and I want to keep it that way.

I'm just having trouble finding an interest free deal with card companies that I haven't used before. I do notice that Halifax are doing a 12 months deal but I'm not sure if they are affiliated with any of the other cards - can anyone advise?
  • KingElvis
    KingElvis Posts: 4,100 Forumite
    Options
    Crapital One have a pretty good card at the top of their range?
    "We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now!"
  • quantumleap
    Options
    Thank you King Elvis, I'll have a look. Much appreciated.
  • quantumleap
    Options
    Hi again,

Seems like Cap 1 don't do % balance transfers I'm afraid. If I'm wrong and a link exists I'd appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure