Where do i go from here???

Options
I complained to welcome finance 3 weeks ago about the mis selling of ppi, they have come back to me and said they refuse to investigate as its "time barred", i think i need to find out who the insurer was and complain to then can anyone confirm this?

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Andy_Boro wrote: »
    I complained to welcome finance 3 weeks ago about the mis selling of ppi, they have come back to me and said they refuse to investigate as its "time barred", i think i need to find out who the insurer was and complain to then can anyone confirm this?

Hi Andy

How long ago did you take this out (year)?

Still contact the FOS on this, they will check this out for you and advise on your next best direction.

Please let us know, thanks.

Di
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • Andy_Boro_2
    Options
    yea it was december 2003, before the FSA / FSCS were in charge of insurance complaints.

I think iv read in the past that i need to find out who the insurer / underwriter was and that pre feb 2004 they had as much reponsibility as the lender regards the insurnace. Is this correct?
  • KIMY
    KIMY Posts: 417 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Andy Bro l think your find if they mean time barred because they where not regulated they were regulated GISC in Feb 2003 and if you have all your original agreements l believe you have a case.
    I dropped my complaint against Welcome this year in March as they told me they were not regulated but after reading on this site and find out they were in Feb 2003 l am now reclaiming.
    Look through forum on Welcome and l think you will see fellow members who have been paid out.
  • billypre
    billypre Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options
    Pre 2003 i believe it was Norwich Union..... now known as AVIVA. You can claim against them
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Andy_Boro wrote: »
    yea it was december 2003, before the FSA / FSCS were in charge of insurance complaints.

I think iv read in the past that i need to find out who the insurer / underwriter was and that pre feb 2004 they had as much reponsibility as the lender regards the insurnace. Is this correct?

Hi Andy

The FOS are also trying to make these part liable, so in a way yes, contact the FOS to have this clarified from them.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport