Scottish power

gord115
gord115 Posts: 1,063 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I'm thinking of switching from N-Power (after more price increases) to Scottish Power.
But I have noticed that Scottish Power haven't increased prices since mid July.Does anyone think they will in the near future?

Comments

• Not a reply - sorry - but the same question!

When I got a comparison through SimplySwitch it showed that I was better off getting gas from Npower and electricity from Scottish Power. I was surprised - I assumed it was usually best to get dual fuel. And I also wondered whether Scottish Power might be due another price increase.

Anyone with inside information?!
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    I can't help with the insider info (:o) but we're due to switch to them on 26th October so they'd better not increase their prices :eek: :naughty: yes they've been cheap for a while now so it wouldn't surprise me if they did have an increase :(
  • sloth
    sloth Posts: 453 Forumite
    according to uswitch they are increasing their prices in jan 07. however uswitch are using their increased prices (as per jan 07) to compare against your current provider i.e. if uswitch comparison says you will save money with Scottish then that will still be the case from jan onwards

i only know this because i used uswitch yesterday to compare prices and thet are working out second cheapest for me (after npower) but have been put off by npower's poor customer service report on uswitch

hope this helps!
  • jadejie
    jadejie Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Post
    well, whatever it is gonna increase or not, you can always use the capped price,can't you? then it ganrentees for 2 years or something...:)
  • gord115
    gord115 Posts: 1,063 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks everyone,I'll risk it.
  • Clasics
    Clasics Posts: 1,740 Forumite
    I have been told (on here) that Scottish Power are currently in merger talks so maybe won't want to rock the boat with an increase?
    I spelt my username wrongly on purpose, by the way!
  • Hi

SP have not announced price rises but SSE(Scottish & Southern) have which will be from Jan 07. It is unlikely that SP & SSE will merge as it would give them control of 5 out of the 14 supply areas which would not be liked by the monopolies and mergers commision.

D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport