Next Directory Service Charge?

Options
I have the Next Directory and owe about £500 on the account. I am trying to pay this off at £50 a month because the APR is high and I have noticed on the last few statements I am being charged about £12 "service charge"! Anybody help me understand what this means please? I am new to all this credit business and frankly I feel like Im being abused by Next. :sad:
Mystery Shopper and Mummy to 2 beautiful boys! :cool:

Comments

• skystar
    skystar Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    Muffy, if that is the only "additional" charge on your bill then that will most likley be the interest owing on your balance.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Account Information :
    The NEXT Directory Flexible Account gives you instant credit so you can start ordering immediately. You will have a 14 day approval period after you receive your goods and a further one calendar month Interest Free period before you need to settle your account. You will receive a monthly statement giving full details of your transactions. There will be no service charge if you settle the account in full. There is a maximum monthly service charge of 2.014% variable (APR 26.49%) added to your account when a balance is carried forward to the next month.
  • BONJOEY
    BONJOEY Posts: 819 Forumite
    Options
    i wonder if the apr on a store card can be lowered? ive never asked anyone before, but just wondered! x

the service charge is the interest xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport