Tesco credit card, accepted, then rejected.

Options
Earlier tonight I applied for a Tesco credit card online, to take advantage of 13 months interest free to buy some appliances for my new kitchen.

I went through the application process, and was accepted, given a credit limit, and just had to 'tick' for my signature, but wanted to check I had definately opted out of any additional repayment insurances they offer you in the application process, and mistakenly hit my browser back button.

It would not refresh and the page came up saying I would need to apply again so I did and was rejected.

I am now majorly worried about it hitting my credit score (which it will) because I have never been refused any form of credit, and I just don't understand it at all.

Is it because I have made two applications sequentially?

Do people think if I ring them tomorrow and explain the situation, I may be able to get one?!

Teh only alternative is my partner applying for one, but we are linked via mortgage and joint accounts so I am also worried my boob will have hit hiis credit score aswell :(

Thoughts anyone?

Comments

• stephane_2
    stephane_2 Posts: 3,076 Forumite
    Options
    The best thing you can do is to call them & explain. I would say that you got decline the 2nd time round because you got accepted the first time...but they should know better.
  • Moglet
    Moglet Posts: 166 Forumite
    Options
    Definately call them. I was rejected recently despite having a credit file with no adverse history (won't say good as who knows what a lenders idea of good is) so I called them and I was advised to write in with 3 months bank statements and some ID. I did this and was accepted although the limit is only £1k. I expect this is down to my income which is sub £20k.
  • katehesk
    katehesk Posts: 246 Forumite
    Options
    I've rang them this morning and they've said my application has been accepted in principle and that all the documentation is being sent out to me in the post. The 2nd application was simply rejected as it was a duplicate! Phew.
  • KingElvis
    KingElvis Posts: 4,100 Forumite
    Options
    Yep, their systems will be configured to reject multiple applications within a certain time frame......

I'm pretty sure no credit check will have been done for the duplicate application.
    "We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now!"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure