Query re PPI claim against House of Fraser card

Options
Just been to my parents and had loads of post for my House of Fraser account which Ive still got and had for about 10 years.

Surprised to see Ive been paying £15 a month for god knows how long and want to claim the PPi back on it if possible.

A few questions though: -

1) - What address do I send to as I'm sure up until 2006 it was GE Capital who handle the account and now it's Santander who handle the account ?

2) - Will I be able to claim the PPi paid when GE Capital handled the account ?

3) - What reason should I use when claiming ?

Regards,

Gav.

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    gav_sw20 wrote: »
    Just been to my parents and had loads of post for my House of Fraser account which Ive still got and had for about 10 years.

Surprised to see Ive been paying £15 a month for god knows how long and want to claim the PPi back on it if possible.

A few questions though: -

1) - What address do I send to as I'm sure up until 2006 it was GE Capital who handle the account and now it's Santander who handle the account ?

2) - Will I be able to claim the PPi paid when GE Capital handled the account ?

3) - What reason should I use when claiming ?

Regards,

Gav.

Hi there

I would check the checklist to see if any of it applies to you and take it from there, but there are many reasons.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance
    Checklist here on the above link - which takes you to the reclaiming questionnaire
    , this is what you complete to send to whoever sold and set up the policy, if this was GE you take it to them, they will then send on to Sandander complaints dept.
    Keep copies of all you send.

If you do have a reclaim, they have 8 weeks to give a decision, but are likely to ask for more time, which is fine as long as they keep you informed.

Hope this helps, good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • gav_sw20
    Options
    Ok thaks for that. I will stop my PPI payment immediately as its about£15 per month.

Even if I stop this can I still claim the PPI I have paid historically ?

Gav.
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    gav_sw20 wrote: »
    Ok thaks for that. I will stop my PPI payment immediately as its about£15 per month.

Even if I stop this can I still claim the PPI I have paid historically ?

Gav.

Hi Gav.

You cancel when you feel ready to, or you can wait to see what happens about your case first, its up to you.

Yes you can, it makes no difference at all.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport