🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Options
I am asking for peoples opinions on 0845 numbers.

My business is moving premises and we can't take our current regional number with us. as the majority of our work isn't local(our regional number only covers roughly 20 sq miles) the telecoms people have sugested an 0845 no. The main reason for their suggestion is that we can confirm the number imediatley and not wait for bt to complete the install b4 the number is confirmed(therfore my sinage, vehicle livery, promotional material etc can be inplace b4 the move date), and it doesn't cost me any more money than a regional number.

Do these numbers give an adverse impression of my company(we are 90% business to business)?

Any opinions would be appreciated
DiddyD
lightbulb moment Jan 06 :doh:

Comments

• mobilegossip
    mobilegossip Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    Options
    The https://www.saynoto0870.com site has answered this sort of question a number of times.

If you do proceed with the idea, i hope your not paying anything for them as you can get them free of all charges to you, these days.
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Some people have an adverse reaction to them, but I find that many people don't realise, or if the firm is paying the phone bill anyway ...

It probably depends a bit what size companies your customers are - small ones might have more direct links between proprietor and paying the bills, in large ones there's enough space for people to discount thinking about it

If it was me, I'd go for the local area code
  • DonnyDave
    DonnyDave Posts: 1,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi diddyd

I would advise against these numbers as on most telephone packages they cost more than a call to a geographical (01/02) number. The reason that "the telecoms people" (a salesperson?) advised you to do so is because their company will profit due to this increased call charge.

There is a new prefix, 03, coming in which will be non-geographical (like 08 numbers are) but will be charged exactly as 01/02 numbers are (which 084/087 numbers aren't).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport