Premium Bonds ..... What time .......?

Options
..... do they normally post the prizes?

I'm sure they must have remebered to add the '000's' to the end of my prize this month!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Comments

• Cautious_Investor_3
    Options
    Hi

Premium bonds seem to be constantly debated both here and on other sites.

I have to say in all my years as an IFA (although I am not an IFA currently) I have never found a client who has spent any significant amount of time invested in them and been happy with the return.

The Cautious Investor
  • steveksullivan
    Options
    They did forget the '000's' again ......:rotfl:

..... but at least another £25.00 .... fourth in five months on £5,500 holding
  • xrjtg
    xrjtg Posts: 600 Forumite
    Options
    Quit whilst you're not too far behind?
  • maypole
    maypole Posts: 1,816 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Why do we have to wait so long for the cheque, when the prizes are announced in the beginning of the month?
  • getmore4less
    getmore4less Posts: 46,882 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've helped Parliament
    Options
    As a place holder for near instant access money they are OK(ish) save but not great since inflation erodes.

Reinvest so you don't wait for the winings.

If you need to cash in send off for after the next draw the cash is in the bank account in days so can be good as the emergency funds if you want to use alll the ISA for shares.(index linked were the other tax free option but gone)

Also handy since tax free for a year after death so you can have a larger holding if you inherit* them.

*you can't actulay inherit but effectifly you hold for a year.
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    If you've won a prize you can go onto the NS & I website, punch in your premium bond holder's number and it will tell you if you have won any prizes in the current month's draw. The information for the current month is posted on the third working day of each month.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,960 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Primrose wrote: »
    The information for the current month is posted on the third working day of each month.

That's what they say, but in fact it's usually sooner - the October low level prizes are already up (on Saturday October 2nd)
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,960 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    maypole wrote: »
    Why do we have to wait so long for the cheque, when the prizes are announced in the beginning of the month?

There are an awful lot of prizes, you know. They print and mail the higher value prizes first, then the lower ones spread over a few weeks. I imagine that it wouldn't really be efficient for them to invest in large quantities of equipment and staff in order to print and mail everything in a day or two and then have it sit idle for the rest of the month.
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,625 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    p00hsticks wrote: »
    That's what they say, but in fact it's usually sooner - the October low level prizes are already up (on Saturday October 2nd)

Where are the October winners listed? They're not on the NS & I site as I just checked and they're still showing September.
  • Ifts
    Ifts Posts: 1,952 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    edited 2 October 2010 at 9:27PM
    Options
    October winners were showing when I checked earlier today, try this link:

http://www.nsandi.com/products/pb/haveYouWon

edit: if it still shows September's winners, press the go button without entering your holders number and it should show Octobers winners.
    Never let the perfume of the premium overpower the odour of the risk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport