Non Paying bidder advice please

Options
Hi can anyone advise please.
I had a bidder who didnt pay and didnt contact me. After 5 days I opened a case, which I can close tomorrow. He has now contacted me, and said he can pay me on Saturday and will I cancel the case.

I've never had one like this and noticed that I can only tick that I have received the money or cancel the case and transaction.

I am a bit unsure what to do - If I say I have received the money and they dont pay on Saturday, where do I stand with getting anything back from e bay. I presume nowhere. Any advice please?

Comments

• Crowqueen
    Crowqueen Posts: 5,726 Forumite
    edited 30 September 2010 at 10:58PM
    Options
    It's only two days so I would leave the case open, allow him to pay on Saturday, and then shut the case.

If he doesn't pay you can then still close it and get your fees back.

If he doesn't agree to this then close it in your favour now.

Obviously keep communication civil; you ideally want this sale to go through so there's no harm in waiting two extra days (a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush) but equally if you close the case now without him paying on Saturday you can't re-open it, so don't be bullied into closing it in his favour without payment up front.
    "Well, it's election year, Bill, we'd rather people didn't exercise common sense..." - Jed Bartlet, The West Wing, season 4

Am now Crowqueen, MRes (Law) - on to the PhD!
  • 1984ReturnsForReal_2
    Options
    Do not close the case until you have received payment.

Someone will have to help me out on whether these can close automatically depending on your settings??????
    Not Again
  • Crowqueen
    Crowqueen Posts: 5,726 Forumite
    Options
    Do not close the case until you have received payment.

Someone will have to help me out on whether these can close automatically depending on your settings??????
    They can close automatically - Cathy, make sure you check your preferences and make sure those settings aren't on and turn them off if they are.
    "Well, it's election year, Bill, we'd rather people didn't exercise common sense..." - Jed Bartlet, The West Wing, season 4

Am now Crowqueen, MRes (Law) - on to the PhD!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure