Incapacity Benefit Tribunal, help!

Options
I was told I was able to work by the DWP after failing a medical in February.
The Doctor who gave me my medical lied in his report and totally wrote the opposite of what I told him.

I appealed against this and was told that my case had been referred to a tribunal.
I called the DWA and was advised to get my partner to claim JSA for both of us and thats what we did and we now get the couples rate.

My tribunal was supposed to be for today (30th September) but I got a letter saying the Judge had postponed the hearing for another time and they would let me know when my new date was.

I have been so nervous waiting for today to come and now I have to wait til God knows when.

I suffer from depression and anxiety and also DVT. Any proper doctor working for the DWP or not would know how these conditions affect peoples lives, especially when I have had depression for 15 years and DVT twice in 4 years.

What I really need to know is, if the Judge does rule in my favor and reinstates my Incapacity and back dates it, will I have to repay the Jobseekers Allowance that my partner claimed for me?

I am worried whether things will go okay for me and Ill get my IB back but on the other hand Im worried about having to repay back lots of money and sort out the Tax Credits, housing and council tax benefits etc. Its driving me crazy.

Has anyone had this happen to them and if so can you please give me some advice, I am at my wits end!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure