1992 motorhome insurance for 29yrold male with no prev insurance?

Hi

title a bit long but wanted to get the right viewers.

Where is the best place to get insurance for a 29yr old male (7yrs no claims but on company car - NOT in his name), so this will be his first insurance in his name.

also need 6mths option to travel within Europe without returning to UK.
plus breakdown cover - europe!

help please where to look.

thks
Saying Thank You doesn't cost anything :beer:

Comments

• mikey72
    mikey72 Posts: 14,680 Forumite
    I use safeguard.
    They tick most of your boxes.
    Things I don't know, are I'm over 30, that's a cut -off with some, I am covered for Europe, and it gives European recovery, but I have no idea what the maximum continual stay is.

The only other way to get independent European cover is as a member of the camping club or camping and caravanning club, anything but the smallest motorhomes are too big/heavy to qualify for normal breakdown recovery, they have reasonable deals with the AA or RAC commercial side. Still works out at £150+ for the year, with the club membership, so factor that into any safeguard quote. (Mines around £300 with "free" breakdown cover, so £150 van insurance effectively, although other insurance companies will add on less for a European cover bolt on, but may charge more for the van insurance)

They also originally matched my own car full ncd, but it was on my own vehicle.
    I now have full ncd on both policies.
    Beyond that, and the fact they answer the phone, I can't say much good or bad, as thankfully I've never used them apart from ringing to pay every year, and for a windscreen once.
  • rev_henry
    rev_henry Posts: 4,959 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Try asking if your company can write you a letter confirming the 7 years NCB, some insurers may accept this.
  • ocalllo
    ocalllo Posts: 443 Forumite
    thanks Mike72 & rev_henry will try both suggestions :)
  • ocalllo
    ocalllo Posts: 443 Forumite
    update

used Safegaurd with a letter from company and got insurance with all the extras for half the price we were quoted online :j

thks guys
  • rev_henry
    rev_henry Posts: 4,959 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Excellent!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income