Toy fences?

Options
I'm a bit brain dead at the moment thanks to DD2 being poorly, but I want some fences for DD1 (who's 3) to put around her farm and zoo animals. Does anyone have idea what I can give her to use, or make or where I could buy some quite cheap. Cardboard's not going to work, it wouldn't be tough enough for her, she's a bit rough, and its something she'll use for quite a long time, she's really into animals of any sort, so want something to last a while.
Any suggestions welcome.:)

Comments

• trumpton
    trumpton Posts: 1,070 Forumite
    Options
    It will be hard to just get a fence without having to buy more anaimals or buildings. I would try shops that stock railway modelling stuff - Hobbycraft have quite alot - or look for cheap sets of animals and fence packs, like The Works sometimes sell.
  • olias
    olias Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    Options
    Just had a quick look on ebay. Search for fence or fencing in toys and games section and there are hundreds of them. Should cost you no more than about £3-£5 including delivery.

Olias
  • hampshirebabe
    Options
    Thanks, I looked on ebay for fences or fence, but mostly it was in lots with animals, but we really dont need any more animals. I hadn't thought of looking for fencing, but there are quite a lot, so thanks, thats great. Amazons got lots too, and I'll keep an eye in the works too, something tells me we'll need loads of it.
    Cheers
  • arroli
    arroli Posts: 311 Forumite
    Options
    We collected lots of wooden coffee stirring sticks from the likes of Mcdonalds and Starbucks, they stick quite easily with wood glue, make great fences

Also collected bits of twigs, and then stuck on fake grass/tree greenery that you can buy in hobbycraft, look like logs etc..you could try sticking on bits of green tissue or something similar

good fun if a bit messy!:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport