new credit card.....need help and answers asap.....please

Options
i recently got a capital one credit card i used it once but now can not use it, keeps saying declined. i look on my account and it still says i have my £200 credit limit.....has anyone had this problem before? and did it get resolved? thanks

Comments

• loubel
    loubel Posts: 824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have you tried phoning them up?
  • pidge10
    Options
    yes i did and they just said that it was on review.....i have a catalogue and they did this to me to but in the end they put it back working......so was just wondering if anyone else has had this
  • fozmcfc
    fozmcfc Posts: 3,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Haven't read any similar posts on here before with regards to your sitaution.

Have you used it in a way where it might appear you are using it for illegal purposes? or for something like gambling ?

It is possible something has come up with regards to your financial position after they have done further checks and are now considering whether to withdraw the card.
  • d3mon4ngel
    Options
    It may well be whatever it is that you've used it for, and also if you don't use it very often either.

I seem to go through this kind of dance with my credit card company once every 6 months or so, when I pay for my online game subscription, which until last month was about the only thing I paid for on it. For the past 4 times it has been flagged as fraud and they have stopped the card, only to reinstate it once I've rung them up again.
    ::: Total Paid Since LBM (27/05/10): £4639.85 Official Debt Gone!! :T :::
    :A
    That money talks, I don't deny, I heard it once, it said "Goodbye"
    ~ VSP2011: #104 ~
  • ElkyElky
    ElkyElky Posts: 2,459 Forumite
    Options
    There's only one person who can tell you what's wrong and thats Capital One. Call them, your question will be answered so much quicker as apposed to us speculating on the problem.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • KingElvis
    KingElvis Posts: 4,100 Forumite
    Options
    pidge10 wrote: »
    yes i did and they just said that it was on review.....i have a catalogue and they did this to me to but in the end they put it back working......so was just wondering if anyone else has had this

On review? doesn't sound good :(
    "We want the finest wines available to humanity, we want them here, and we want them now!"
  • pidge10
    Options
    i have paid the balance on it today so hoping this will solve the problem, this happened on my catalogue as well but once i paid it off and kept paying it they re-instated it......bloody people lol
  • PNPSUKNET
    PNPSUKNET Posts: 4,265 Forumite
    Options
    try paying on time?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business