Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Cheapest Break Down Recovery?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
5 replies 534 views
mrbezmrbez Forumite
13 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Motoring
Hi Guys,

Who do you suggest I go to for break down recovery?

I would like it if possible to use somebody who will tow me back to my home, or my friends garage if I break down.

I generally only travel within the Greater Manchester area, so I guess I would never be further than 30-40 miles from the two locations above.

I look forward to your replies,

Regards.

Replies

• opinions4uopinions4u
    19.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Register with Top Cashback and look at RAC and AA.

If you don't want cover close to home (e.g. 1/2 mile) then you can pick something up for less than a tenner.
  • I've got mine through

www.rescuemycar.com

Rates are great. I haven't had to use them yet, so can't comment on the service.
  • How does Top Cash Back work?

If complete a deal from them do I receive a voucher or actual cash?

The amount that I see on the RAC website is £73 if I follow the link on TCB, is this the reduced amount or will I be reimbursed with the £20 cash back at a later date?
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    40.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrbez wrote: »
    How does Top Cash Back work?

The amount that I see on the RAC website is £73 if I follow the link on TCB, is this the reduced amount or will I be reimbursed with the £20 cash back at a later date?

i believe you get the cash at a later date say a months time,
  • whatmichaelsayswhatmichaelsays Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    mrbez wrote: »
    How does Top Cash Back work?

Top Cash Back get a commission from the AA / RAC for directing you to their service. When TCB get paid by the retailer, usually 1-2 months later, they will pass a proportional of that commission on to you.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.