Help with changing from Scottish Hydro THTC

Options
BROSTE
BROSTE Posts: 83 Forumite
Could some kind soul please help me here. My elderely parents live in a very old house 4 bedroomed with propably 6 storage heaters for their heat. I have just discovered that they are paying approx £400!! per month for their electricity. They do not have gas. I know they try and be careful with their heating. They don't have it on during the day at all as they both work and do not get home till 6 or 7 at night. They will not at this stage in their lifes get gas or consider any upheaval in their house.

I am sure there must be a better offer out there for them but having looked at older posts it looks a bit of a minefield. I went onyo energyhelpline but don't see TCTH as an option and then there is this problem of there being 2 meters. Has anyone changed from thisand secondly is it worth it? I thought I could save them some money but I am not sure and I certainly dont want to give them any hastle at all as that they can not cope with.

Many thanks in advance for any advice anyone can pass on to me.

Comments

• cullerne
    Options
    I was under the impression that Hydro were the only ones that supported THTC twin meter things but abviously not. Very good news - shall go on the hunt for other suppliers now. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure