ESA Stopped Cos Hubby Moved in

Options
Hi
Was hoping someone can help me , id been claiming IB and had SDB And DLA (Middle Care And Lower Mobility) they stopped my claim because im aggrophobic and my excuse for not turning up for a medical was not good enough (im appealing it) , but was sent a pack to claim ESA they had me send in medical certificates and then they wanted me to attend a medical , i was proud i managed to get there and was in the medical examiners room for 18mins when panic attack came and the dr said it was ok for me to to home,report came back saying "incomplete medical" and they want me to do another one or for me to send in a dr,s ,letter requesting a home visit i want to fight this as the dr said it was ok to go home (i recorded the medical i didnt know until afterwards that you are supposed to ask before recording)
Anyway i have not recieved any money since the 2/9/2010 because of a change of circumstances my husband moved in , they asked me to send the a form they asked me to fill in ,
everytime i rang asking what was happening i was having different reasons everytime , first it was because of the medical and then it was "we,ve recieved your form and its been here a week but we got a backlog and cant do it till monday (i rang on the friday) ,
i had to ring them wednesday 30.9.2010 and they said "you arent entitled to nothing because your husband recieves IB of £106 per week and we,ve taken that into consideration" !
so to them we can live off £106 (his money) a week
if they knew this then why would they issue me with a crisis loan last week ?
i was having £122 a week it was ESA with Sereve Disablement allowance , ive borrowed from my grandmother and now cannot pay her back (my husband moved back in because of his debts) so i can hardly live off his money
i dont know what to do , the DWP are never helpful i cant sleep because im in debt and was relying on the backpayment of £480 (a months money) and to be told im not entitled to a penny
if anyone has any advice id very much appreciate it
thanks a lot
sorry this is long

Comments

• Vader123
    Vader123 Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The law says a couple need £102 a week to live on, so you are actually a few quid more than that in £106 a week.

When the state do means tested benefits they look at the household income.

I would suggest you persue your appeal.

Vader
  • Sam____2
    Options
    get advice about yor debts, the state isn't responsible for paying them, try the debt free wannabee board for advice.
  • lurkerlurk
    Options
    First off, you cannot be on SDA and ESA at the same time, so your post isnt making much sense.

Secondly, if you were only receiving ESA(IR) and and he is getting £106 of IB then you arent entitled to ESA(IR).
  • alwaysnice
    Options
    i was getting Severe Disablement Allowance with ESA thats how i was getting £122 a week , thats why im so confused by them ,
    im only in debt because they took a month to telll me i werent allowed nothing , i was told by them during the month "we cant issue a payment until we sort through the forms" so i was led to believe i was going to get my money thats the only reason i borrowed from my grandmother ,
    is my husband able to claim for me ? or can i get income support ? i was getting IS and SDA up to 16/4/2010 but because of my medical they stopped it ,
    im appealing the decision its been months
    i just dont know what to do anymore
  • lurkerlurk
    Options
    Well, if they stopped your SDA, then you arent getting SDA anymore.

You cant blame ESA for you being in debt if all they told you was that they were sorting through the form. There is no promise of money in that.
  • burkey365
    burkey365 Posts: 111 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    in response to an earlier reply, you can get SDA and ESA if you receive DLA middlecare component
  • healy
    healy Posts: 5,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    burkey365 wrote: »
    in response to an earlier reply, you can get SDA and ESA if you receive DLA middlecare component

I think you mean SDP (Severe Disability Premium).
  • burkey365
    burkey365 Posts: 111 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    healy wrote: »
    I think you mean SDP (Severe Disability Premium).
    sorry yes thats right
  • LeeSouthEast
    LeeSouthEast Posts: 3,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Why do you want to fight a home visit, if you can't get out? Seems the ideal solution to me?
    Starting Debt: ~£20,000 01/01/2009. DFD: 20/11/2009 :j
    Do something amazing. GIVE BLOOD.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    lurkerlurk wrote: »
    First off, you cannot be on SDA and ESA at the same time, so your post isnt making much sense.

Secondly, if you were only receiving ESA(IR) and and he is getting £106 of IB then you arent entitled to ESA(IR).

I suspect the OP means SDP not SDA
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport