Tax credits urgent advice needed!!

Options

Comments

• sammie383
    sammie383 Posts: 165 Forumite
    Options
    Smiley I just replied to the other thread you posted in.

I am still waiting 3 weeks after telling them of my employment, not quite as logn as you I know, but long enough for me to have to live on £50 a week with bills to pay, food, electric and a 3 year old as a single parent. As well as having to pay to get to work!

I have emailed my MP today because I am still getting no where. I too think its ridiculous that it takes this long. Yeah they are busy but arent we all!

x
  • smiley:_3-2
    Options
    Hi just read your other post I totally understand and yes your right we are all busy and even if they kept making substantial payments whilst they are sorting it out so we can keep paying our childcare and carry on working would be a start! Its funny how the government want everyone back in work and people like us who are trying get penalised. for those of you out their playing the system it affects honest people like us so shame on you! I will keep you updated and hope yours gets sorted to!
  • FrazzledMumof4
    Options
    Having had experience of the Compliance Team, I found them to be very thorough. I had a compliance check last year and they looked into every detail of my life, including calling my childminder at 10pm at night to check details, I had nothing to hide so was not worried. Problem is that once the compliance team are involved then nothing will change on the system until they release you from the investigation. It's good that your officer has released some funds to pay you, normally it can take up to two weeks to receive it. If you have her name and direct number then you can call in a few days and chase it up, ask her if she can see when the payment is going through as it is causing serious hardship. It took them 3 months to complete their investigation of me and during that time I called at least twice a week and made sure she had every document she needed and things she did not have I sent her by recorded delivery.
    I wish you luck, it is hard to get through, I had four children and absolutely no money coming in because there was a huge underpayment owing to me and they wouldn't release it until they had covered every part of my claim.
  • sammie383
    sammie383 Posts: 165 Forumite
    edited 14 October 2010 at 5:56PM
    Options
    deleted xxxxxxxxxx
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. They requested lots of info from such as nursery bills and letter from nursery confirming hrs etc and income from my job and hrs I work and also bills etc which I sent in within 2 days their is no more info they need from me now and the compliance officer dealing with the case has been very helpful and has been ringing me to keep me updated 2 days ago she said it had gone to payment but god knows how long it still takes to recieve a payment. Hopefully not too long!

Then I am going to have the added stress of waiting for the joint claim to be processed again aarrggh! Will keep u updated too good luck
  • margymuggins
    Options
    hi in same boat not had any payment since aug due to changing to joint claim and also eligible for wtc i'm in such a mess with everything i've rang them 3times a week but still nothing and now their system is down till poss tues for up dating i am so desperate cos i cant get it sorted its making me ill
    Options
    margymuggins I feel the same! Their is absolutly no one that will help or even cares so you just feel alone and the people you end up owing to or direct debits that bounce dont care either just want their money! I cant sleep, eat im constantly worrying about money 24/7 I wish we didnt have to rely on tax credits but we do! nightmare nightmare nightmare! Keep me posted on your sit xx
    Options
    WOOHOO Finally recieved my back payment today!!!! And was backdated to the 28th July! I am sooo pleased! can start paying everyone back and getting back on track! the investigation has been closed!
  • daftdad
    daftdad Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    Just reading the above posts have really worried me to death!!

My wife left me almost 4 weeks ago leaving me with our child. She receives the CTC and WTC. She is presently responsible for paying some of the major direct debits on my household such as Gas/electricity and on my single low income, I can't afford to pay them.

I was going to ring CTC today and advise them of the change in circumstances, by my calculations I would be entitled to a greater payment but here is the problem - I understand that they will stop all payments whilst they change the joint claim into a single claim and I could manage if thats going to take 3/4 weeks but if it's going to take 7/8 weeks how do I pay these other bills because I can't see my former partner continuing to pay these bills if she isn't getting this benefit.

What should I do? I have already missed one mortgage and water rates payment because I simply didn't have funds to pay them (I am able to recommence these payments when I get paid in just over a weeks time)
    Options
    Hi I know it is a complete nightmare! It took 11 weeks in the end to sort out but was 14 weeks inbetween getting a payment! Their is nothing you can do about it not everyone is the same some cases do go through a lot quicker but like you say for a change in circumstances where you will recieve greater payments they do seem to be looking into them!

On the other hand you are supposed to let them know straight away and you will be greatfull for the extra tc im sure, just hope it does onlytake 3/4 wks for you! If their is any chance of you getting back together and the claim needing to be changed back to joint tho I wouldnt tell them as I have no idea how long its going to take for the joint claim to go through but I pray its not another 14 weeks otherwise il be in the same boat again!

Hope you get sorted
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport