Working tax credit since 16 may 2010

Options
Hi im after advice I have been waiting on a decision off the tax office since the 16th may 2010.

Im not sure how long it takes for the forms to eb proccesed but everytime i ring and wait roughly 10/15 mins for them to answer the phone i get told teh same thing

'we recieved the forms on 16th may and is still being proccessed'

its now 29th october. according to thier calculations i am entitled to £52 a week working tax credits will this be backdated to the 16th may?

Comments

• Bigbite_2
    Options
    25 views and no one can help or give advice??
  • jonnyboy82
    Options
    go see your mp..
  • Bigbite_2
    Options
    jonnyboy82 wrote: »
    go see your mp..

Tried that can never get an answer
  • sally0101
    Options
    I agree that it takes too long to get through to Tax Credits Helpline. Whilst I understand that they are busy and that people have to wait their turn, why cant we simply go back to the phone going 'ring ring' until its our turn to be answered? But no, as with most other companies, we are immediately answered by a machine and then 'charged' for the priviledge of being in the queue or on hold. It is simply another way of making more money from us.

They have all these advertising campaigns to tell us to "tell em, tell em, tell em" about any changes in our circumstances, and then make it difficult to get through. Does anyone know if you can tell them of changes via normal postal service?

However original poster, in answer to your question, I claimed for the first time back in about 2006 and back then, because I was unaware I could claim (I was unaware tax credits even existed), I was able to have the money backdated. So yes your claim should be backdated.
  • Murgatroyd21
    Options
    Once your claim is processed it would be backdated to the date it shows as received, which may be the date you say, or thereabouts. If the circumstances that allow you to claim existed prior to making the claim, you can request further backdating to a maximum of 93 days from the start date shown on your award.

Call & ask to speak to a manager to see if it can be escalated, it depends on why it has been held up.
  • beth58_2
    Options
    OMG how things have changed I put a claim in and it was processed and in my bank the same week also, after informing of changes earlier this yr the TC were increased same week.

I'd ring and speak to supervisor/manager it shouldn't take this long. You'll also need to inform H/CT department if you claim either of these benefits as TC award unfortunately affects them too.
    Beth :)
  • Bigbite_2
    Options
    sally0101 wrote: »
    I agree that it takes too long to get through to Tax Credits Helpline. Whilst I understand that they are busy and that people have to wait their turn, why cant we simply go back to the phone going 'ring ring' until its our turn to be answered? But no, as with most other companies, we are immediately answered by a machine and then 'charged' for the priviledge of being in the queue or on hold. It is simply another way of making more money from us.

I use saynoto gives you non geographocal alternatives to 0945/0870 numbers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport