We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Is now a good time to switch ?

Options
hubb
hubb Posts: 2,482 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
I am with Southern Electric. Not the cheapest supplier. I pay £81 a month for duel fuel. I have done a search on the comparison sites and I could save around £175 a year if I switch to N Power or E-On. Trouble is:

1) There are complaints here about both companies.

2) Will prices rise or not this winter. last time we were scarred into fixing, they didn't go up like we were told here and in the media.

Comments

• Premier_2
    Premier_2 Posts: 15,141 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    1. So it doesn't make any difference to your decision

2. Unless one tariff is a fixed or capped price, chances are any movement in prices will be across the board. Do another check if prices change, but don't forget to think about any early exit fees that may apply.

According to Martin, this is a "golden moment to switch"
    Well it has been for months ... :rotfl:
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport