We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Chargeback
thomas159
Posts: 13 Forumite
in Credit cards
Hi all, im not sure if this is the right section to put this in.
I purchased a product from a USA website and received the product only for it not to work and having done a bit of research afterwards it seems like there was a few other people suggesting that it is a scam and their products don't work. I paid £1000 for the item and paid by MasterCard. I will be returning the product for a refund, however they charge a 25% re-stocking fee which i don't want to pay because the item didn't work in the first place, what are my rights in terms of getting a full refund through the credit card company etc?
Thank you
I purchased a product from a USA website and received the product only for it not to work and having done a bit of research afterwards it seems like there was a few other people suggesting that it is a scam and their products don't work. I paid £1000 for the item and paid by MasterCard. I will be returning the product for a refund, however they charge a 25% re-stocking fee which i don't want to pay because the item didn't work in the first place, what are my rights in terms of getting a full refund through the credit card company etc?
Thank you
0
Comments
-
In principle, s75 applies extra-territorially. So the CC company is jointly liable. If the product wasn't as promised then you should get a refund. If the merchant doesn't refund in full, then the CC company should make up the shortfall.
BUT, given the large amount involved, I would preserve some evidence as to its defect - photos, independent report etc and consult the CC company before returning.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards