We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Car Hire Abroad with no credit car
SandDollar
Posts: 1 Newbie
in Credit cards
Does anyone know if it is possible to hire a car in the USA without a credit card? (Not that I can afford to go anytime soon but am always hopeful with the competitions I enter!):)
0
Comments
-
We hired a Car through Alamo last year and were concerned that they wouldnt take a debit card - but they did.
The best thing to do is if you find a car hire supplier check with them if they will take a debit card. Most T&C's will cover this
I beleive it is also possible to leave cash as a deposit - but it would need to be substantial0 -
Hmm id be amazed if they did, everywhere we went be it motel/hotel or car hire (rental
) wanted credit cards This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com0 -
Admittedly a few years back, but I have hired with Alamo using a debit card.Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.
The Lord Giveth and the Government Taketh Away.
I'm sorry, I don't apologise. That's just the way I am. Homer (Simpson)0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

