Lost Deed poll

Options
We have lost daughters deed poll , and she needs it to join the army, she has got her passport with her current name on it, and her birth certificate which has her original surname on it, her name was changed in 1994 and the soliciter who did it does not keep the records that long we have called them to ask. I cant do another certificate as it would have a new date on it and would not tie in with her passport
Any Help Please

Comments

• Trying_to_be_good
    Options
    It's not Armed Forces specific, and apologies if you've already looked into this, but I googled and found:

http://www.ukdps.co.uk/ObtainingCopyLostDeedPoll.html

There are also other organisations, none with a .gov.uk extension, so not sure any of them are the 'official' one, but might give you enough info to get started.

Also not sure on the requirement to have the deed as well as the passport - hopefully someone will be along who's familiar with that stuff!

Best of luck to your DD.
    Mortgage Free thanks to ill-health retirement
  • janibrown
    Options
    It's not Armed Forces specific, and apologies if you've already looked into this, but I googled and found:

http://www.ukdps.co.uk/ObtainingCopyLostDeedPoll.html

There are also other organisations, none with a .gov.uk extension, so not sure any of them are the 'official' one, but might give you enough info to get started.

Also not sure on the requirement to have the deed as well as the passport - hopefully someone will be along who's familiar with that stuff!
    Best of luck to your DD.
    Thanks Very Much thats helped me quite a bit :D
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    OP - you've received helpful responses to this problem on your other thread.
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure