GE Money Everyday card

Options
Hello all,

I tried to apply for this card a couple of months ago.

It offered 3% cashback on all petrol and groceries.

I was refused. So, I set about discovering my credit rating. It turned out to be 960 out of 1000...?

Anyway...

I have just tried to find the link or site again, but can't anywhere.

Has it been discontinued...?

Comments

• islandannie
    Options
    Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. - Albert Einstein.

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.”-

Orwell.
  • vwman_3
    vwman_3 Posts: 688 Forumite
    Options

That link does not work..........
    Aiming to be debt free....but still off target
  • furndire
    furndire Posts: 7,308 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Copy https://www.gemoney.co.uk, and when it comes up in address at top of page, knock off the 404.html - that's how I got it to work
  • islandannie
    Options
    OOPs sorry try this.

http://www.gemoney.co.uk/html/
    Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. - Albert Einstein.

“The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.”-

Orwell.
  • JezCooke
    JezCooke Posts: 112 Forumite
    Options
    Those links aren't a lot of help for the Everyday card as the links have been removed from GE Money's website, the page is still present though here:

http://www.gemoney.co.uk/html/creditcard/everyday_creditcardproductpage.shtml

I applied just after the links disappeared and the confirmation I got at the end of the application process said 'Transformation card' so thought I may get the wrong one, happily my Everyday card turned up last week (complete with letter confirming the 3% cashabck food/fuel). So using this link may still get you the Everyday card. Possibly they are stopping issuing this card, (or possibly they're just not advertising it until they get their teething troubles ironed out - see other thread on this forum!).
  • LeroyBoyce
    LeroyBoyce Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks all,

Jez, I clicked on that link and it displayed a page advertising the card, but no "apply here" link...

It says: "Unfortunately,this offer has now expired"...

Oh well...
  • JezCooke
    JezCooke Posts: 112 Forumite
    Options
    Doh! you're right, the apply now button has indeed gone! (looks like I got in just in time). Maybe it'll come back when they sort their issues out, who knows..?
  • NonGeographicalMan
    Options
    Did anyone reading this thread actually get issued with one of these cards and if so is it still paying the 3% cashback on fuel and groceries up to £5,000?

Realistically 3% cashback is just not sustainable in commercial terms, especially on fuel and groceries where the retailers have the smallest margins per pound spent and I doubt any of these retailers even pay close to 3% commission to the credit card companies.

I would say this was a cheap publicity stunt by GE Money in the hope of getting attention drawn to their name and/or they have found the cards have only been taken by moneysavers like us who use them only to buy groceries and petrol and nothing else....................

I imagine even if someone was issued with one of these cards there is nothing to stop GE turning round and pulling the cashback at any time or cutting it to only 1%. Perhaps they have even already done this?

The whole reason I got the Conran card is because it was sustainable and had already been running for a long time. Also I can only but praise MBNA for customer service with their 0800 numbers and their human being staff who are actually pleasant and all seem to have brains (an extreme rarity in the call centre industry)
  • steveteach
    Options
    Hi I have one still paying me 3% on everything I buy.
  • Phoenix79_2
    Phoenix79_2 Posts: 1,434 Forumite
    Options
    I would say this was a cheap publicity stunt by GE Money in the hope of getting attention drawn to their name....

Why would GE Money need to draw attention to themselves? They are the second largest company in the world according to Forbes 2000. I'm sure they don't need gimmicks to make money.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure