Advice needed on commission / redundancy?

Options

I was hoping someone out there could offer advice on a situation I have and if my hopes are possible.

I work for large corporate company in a new business (sales) position. In addition to my salary I have a commission scheme which allows me to earn up to 33% on my basic salary each year. The department I work in is effectively a new start up business. After two years trying to get this business off the ground the large corporate has decided to pull the plug on the business and close it down.

During this time, due to many failings by the corporate to support me in my role I have been unable to hit target and earn commission. In my 1-2-1 reviews with my director I have written agreements from him that me not hitting target is not due to my performance but the business around me not offering support I need to win the business. (I am the highest performing sales rep out of a team of 3)

I’m sure I will be offered a new role within corporate, however after the poor treatment I’ve had for the last two years I am unsure if I want to accept it. My redundancy pay will be minimal about £700!!.

My question is, would I be able to make a claim for the commission I have not received for the last two years due to corporate not giving me the basic tools to do the job. When I accepted the job it was on basis that I had the commission scheme in place. Through no fault of my own this commission has been unachievable. I had been willing not to claim this money as I wanted the business to succeed however now the larger corporate has pulled the plug I feel even more let down by them.

If anyone could let me know if I have any legal standing to claim or am I just being hopeful? I feel that I’m out of pocket through no fault of my own. Had I worked for another established company I could easily had hit my target and earned 33% extra each year.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure