We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Egg PPI Problems

Options
Has/Is anybody else finding Egg a tough nut to crack regarding PPI refunds? I have received a second response from them now stating that I chose to take the protection of my own volition when applying online. They say that I selected Yes and was presented with a link to the terms and conditions. Also included was a standard screenshot apparently detailing the screen I would have seen (but without any options flagged!)

Am I wasting my time with this or should I continue to pursue it as I have no idea whethere I was presented with this screen and as ususal will have to take their word for it.

Any views /suggestions as to my next step would be really appreciated

Thanks
Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    jozvaldo wrote: »
    Has/Is anybody else finding Egg a tough nut to crack regarding PPI refunds? I have received a second response from them now stating that I chose to take the protection of my own volition when applying online. They say that I selected Yes and was presented with a link to the terms and conditions. Also included was a standard screenshot apparently detailing the screen I would have seen (but without any options flagged!)

Am I wasting my time with this or should I continue to pursue it as I have no idea whethere I was presented with this screen and as ususal will have to take their word for it.

Any views /suggestions as to my next step would be really appreciated

Thanks

Hi there
    I understand that many have had problems with reclaims if purchased online, but yet some still successful depending on the reasons.

I don't know if this would apply to you or EGG, but some have had to click for PPI online or the page would not allow them to go any further.

If that wasn's the final decision, then write back and ask them to reconsider, and if you have any further information to give them let them know as well.
    Otherwise, if you received the final decision, with FOS leaflet on how to complain, it may then be wise to make the complaint to them.

Keep at them, good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • jozvaldo
    Options
    Thanks for that - I never received the FOS leaflet so would assume they are just trying it on again and this isnt the final decision - so I will keep pursuing this!!! :-)
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    jozvaldo wrote: »
    Thanks for that - I never received the FOS leaflet so would assume they are just trying it on again and this isnt the final decision - so I will keep pursuing this!!! :-)

Cool, so you have the opportunity to write back to them again then.;)
    Good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills