🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

02079807360 Claims Guys?

Options
maxdp
maxdp Posts: 3,873 Forumite
edited 28 September 2010 at 10:20AM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
Just received a telephone call from this No asking for my daughter who is just 18. I did not say whether she was here or not and asked who was calling.

They then went into usual rubbish about PPI in the last 10 years, could get a minimum back of £2,500 BLAH BLAH. My point is my daughter being 18 has obviously never had any loans or CCards. Where did they get her name from?

The No is registered with TPS so have reported it. It is also a non registered No
:mad:

Comments

• Chris_mcneil
    Options
    Debts remaining: £0/£16000
    PPI reclaimed: Halifax £2300, Welcome Finance - £2400
  • maxdp
    Options
    Yes I had a quick Google and by all accounts pople are saying that these people get our numbers from sites like Confused.com etc.
  • triticale
    Options
    Lesson here, NEVER use a real telephone number for comparison sites etc. 01234 567890 or 07891 234567 are both good to use instead.
  • beth58_2
    Options
    If your daughter is on the computer i.e. facebook and does surveys or enters competitions the companies sell your number. I just delete everything now when they ask for my number or email.. Sick of all the junk mail and phone calls.
    Beth :)
  • maxdp
    Options
    beth58 wrote: »
    If your daughter is on the computer i.e. facebook and does surveys or enters competitions the companies sell your number. I just delete everything now when they ask for my number or email.. Sick of all the junk mail and phone calls.
    LOL my daughter lives on the computer. I always give different telephone numbers when filling in form etc. Will have to wise her up on the subject.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family