Urgent:- Is it possible to stop a Special Delivery being delivered

Options
Sold something last night on Amazon for over £200, being efficient (lol) it was posted this morning directly through sorting office (I have an account).

Anyway I now have Amazon getting all excited and asking me not to post. There was a niggle at the back of my mind that made me think something was not quite right but it was posted anyway. I believe it is not my problem but I might as well do what I can to help.

So can I stop it being delivered?

Comments

• rose_sparky
    Options
    Have you phoned the sorting office?
  • Hintza
    Hintza Posts: 19,420 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to follow up the niggle I had was that I had run out of the item had managed to sell two instead of one. his can only have happened because a pending sale that I thought was dead had relisted so i was bit annoyed. (mainly at myself).

However I had a different colour and offered it to the buyer at a small discount which they accepted. Now the niggle was it was a guy who is buying from a rough part of London and the e-mail address would suggest it was girl buying. But stranger things have happened on Amazon. Needless to say they accepted with alacrity and it now looks as if there is something amiss. Two e-mails from Amazon within 2 minutes asking me to contact them and not to post.

Will be interesting on how this pans out.
  • Hintza
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you phoned the sorting office?

Trying to get the number now
  • Hintza
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have contacted Royal Mail and item is already on its way and has been scanned in at the main sorting office in Glasgow. Apparently they can not stop it mid delivery and have suggested that the police be brought in. I have e-mailed Amazon this information. Prior to this I telephoned them ad offerded to do all I could to help stop it reaching the scamming ^%*^&%. But my e-mail is in a queue and they will have to wait until it gets to the top.

Me thinks it will all be too late by then!!
  • rose_sparky
    Options
    I would have thought it was possible to get the driver to return the parcel to the depot.

Too much trouble maybe? << shrugs >>

Fingers crossed it's a false alarm and it works out ok for you Hintza.
  • bleugh
    bleugh Posts: 1,796 Forumite
    Options
    dont even bother trying to stop a parcel mid delivery

apparently its illegal!! (so the staff have told me twice when i have tried)
    money saving my @rse.
    I've spent 10x as much as I would if I had never discovered this website :-)
    :: No Links in signatures please - FM ::
  • molar
    molar Posts: 185 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Any update on this?
  • Hintza
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Guys, sorry should have updated on this one. Item was delivered, got an e-mail from buyer thanking me...lol.

Then an email from Amazon:-

"Since you have already dispatched the order, we have credited funds for this purchase to your Seller Account."

Gives me the impression they are not too happy. They should have been faster off the mark and could have got the police involved but obviously £200 is not a big enough problem for them to do something.
  • Poppycat
    Poppycat Posts: 19,913 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    It makes you wonder whether its wise to be efficent in sending goods out just in case.
  • fbs_4800
    fbs_4800 Posts: 214 Forumite
    Options
    Hintza wrote:
    Hi Guys, sorry should have updated on this one. Item was delivered, got an e-mail from buyer thanking me...lol.

Then an email from Amazon:-

"Since you have already dispatched the order, we have credited funds for this purchase to your Seller Account."

Gives me the impression they are not too happy. They should have been faster off the mark and could have got the police involved but obviously £200 is not a big enough problem for them to do something.

Sorry - I got all confused here and I don't know WHAT'S gone on...! lol You sold something for £200 and posted it - the buyer received it and was happy? Sorted.

However, Amazon got upset and gave you £200 back anyway?

Eh?
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato :silenced:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family