Is this fair?

was promised that Talk Talk would be better, a lot better. But you are worse, if fact I think the worse company I have ever the misfortune to deal with! On our first bill there was statement ‘Here at Talk Talk we’re truly committed to providing you with the highest level of service’; I notice on our latest bill that this statement has disappeared – very strange that!”
Well I don’t really expect to get a response to that letter, but who cares – come back BT, because all is now truly forgiven since I have had such a terrible experience with Talk Talk!
I don’t think for a minute that we are the only ones who are seriously disappointed with their poor customer service.
After five months of phone calls and e-mails, I have still not had a sensible and productive conversation with anyone at Talk Talk. I managed to get through to someone in Delhi today and I was then transferred a total of five times over the next hour. Eventually I was transferred back to the customer service person I spoke to in the first place. I wanted to do was cancel our line rental! Is it so difficult?
(very frustrating) calls to their so-called 'customer service' department my husben became so disgusted with them that she changed her phone company back to BT. wrote to TalkTalk explaining the situation and stated that, as far as she was concerned, TalkTalk had broken the contract between them by signing her up for a tariff she did not ask for.
Well, guess what happened next? my hasben started receiving letters from a debt collection agency for money TalkTalk said owed them. £286.00 Unbelievable! Well, my hasben has called TalkTalk on many occasions, spoken to numerous customer service agents, and written letters to them explaining the situation. Several times she has been told that it was all sorted and the debt (not that there ever was one) has been cancelled. Various reasons have been given including the classics: "the letters were lost in the post" and "no one put it on the computer". As you might expect, continued to receive letters asking for payment, including one today.
So, there you have it. To me TalkTalk seem to be a company that employ salesmen who pressurise elderly, vulnerable people into signing up for services they neither understand nor are able to use. Their customer service team consists of people who appear not to care a jot about anyone, and their policy to is intimidate people with debt collectors for debts that do not exist. Personally, I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.
I had been a customer for over 2 years with TalkTalk for both telephone and broadband, I then decided to switch to BT for a complete Phone, Broadband package. I wrote to TalkTalk and cancelled my account giving over 30 days notice.
A few weeks later I receive my final bill of £91.64, £70 of which is a cancellation fee, upon querying this with customer services I was told that I had renewed an 18 month contract and had cancelled within this 18 month period. After requesting proof of this, ie a signed contract, I was informed that this contract had been arranged over the telephone and for them to send me the proof, I had to send them £10 and this could take up to 30 days!!
I informed the extremely rude customer service representative that I would not be paying £10 for any proof of contract as the law states that it is up to them to prove to me that this money is owing.
Here we are over 40 days later, still waiting for the proof of contract whilst receiving threatening letters from TalkTalk's debt collection agency. Please also be warned that any correspondence sent to TalkTalk or to Roxburghe Debt Collections seem to get lost in the post unless sent via Recorded Delivery, how convienient!!!
still have today 22/9/2010
threatening letters from TalkTalk's debt collection agency
my last and final bill is £ 91.00 now is£ 280.00!!!!!!!!!
I NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE ASAP
JORGE DA SILVA

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills