PPI CLAIM AGAINST ALLIANCE & LEICESTER - advice please ?

Options
Hello

I'm in a bit of a fix as I just can't work out what form to fill in to send to Alliance & Leicester to reclaim PPI on a loan taken out in 1993. It's not much, only about £650.

There used to be a template letter on this site , but now there is an
FOS Questionnaire - so is that the form I have to send to them ?

And how do I find the address of Alliance & Leicester please - someone mentioned an email address too
LetsWorkItOut@alliance-leicester.co.uk
so, should I post to them or email.

It's all very confusing, can anyone offer me a few words of advice as I can't get my head round it !
Thanks !:(

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hello

I'm in a bit of a fix as I just can't work out what form to fill in to send to Alliance & Leicester to reclaim PPI on a loan taken out in 1993. It's not much, only about £650.

There used to be a template letter on this site , but now there is an
    FOS Questionnaire - so is that the form I have to send to them ?

And how do I find the address of Alliance & Leicester please - someone mentioned an email address too
    [EMAIL="LetsWorkItOut@alliance-leicester.co.uk"]LetsWorkItOut@alliance-leicester.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    so, should I post to them or email.

It's all very confusing, can anyone offer me a few words of advice as I can't get my head round it !
    Thanks !:(

Hi there

The reclaim template letter have now been replaced with a questionnaire, you will find on stage one here:
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#reclaim
    Send to whoever set up your policy, and keep a copy for yourself as well.
    They have 8 weeks to give a decision, but may request for more time.

You can write a cover letter in your own words if you want to.

Hope this helps and ask for help when required.

You could email your questionnaire to them, but ask them to confirm receipt that it have been received, but I would also send one by hard copy post by recorded delivery as well, to ensure they receive this, you can check this out on the Royal mail website track and trace.

Alliance & Leicester Plc
    Customer Services Centre
    Carlton Park
    Narborough
    Leicester
    LE19 0AL

Hopefully someone will confirm this is the correct address for this dept.

Good luck.:)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    By all means go ahead. However, dont get your hopes up. If it happens to result in a payout then you have got lucky. With that time back though its far less likely to.

Chances are little or no record exists of the loan. Although, its after the period when data protection act kicked in and everyone thought they had to destroy anything over 6 years old. However, its only really in the last decade that firms have had the clarification that they can keep files indefinitely where there is a potential issue for liability. Although even then, things like this would never have been considered an issue for liability.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • humbertding
    Options
    ***Thankyou di3004, that clears it up I was confused because the letter template has now been replaced by the questionnaire - and thanks for taking the trouble to type all that out ! Hopefully someone can confirm the address please ?

PS having read your posts before, this may be a stupid question, but who is Niddy ?

***Thankyou dunstonh - I still have the original loan documents and rather sadly all my bank statements - No doubt A&L will try to wriggle out on grounds of the age of claim ? Or something else ! Thanks for the post !
  • amersall
    amersall Posts: 17,005 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    ***Thankyou di3004, that clears it up I was confused because the letter template has now been replaced by the questionnaire - and thanks for taking the trouble to type all that out ! Hopefully someone can confirm the address please ?

PS having read your posts before, this may be a stupid question, but who is Niddy ?

***Thankyou dunstonh - I still have the original loan documents and rather sadly all my bank statements - No doubt A&L will try to wriggle out on grounds of the age of claim ? Or something else ! Thanks for the post !
    Hi there, the address is right, i just sent mine to the local branch of A&l and it was passed to santander (they took over a&l) Good luck with this and keep us posted.x
  • humbertding
    Options
    amersall - much appreciated, questionnaire filled in now. Do I have to get an FOS reference number before I send it to the lender ?:)
  • di3004
    Options
    amersall - much appreciated, questionnaire filled in now. Do I have to get an FOS reference number before I send it to the lender ?:)

Hi there

You now send to the ones who set up and sold you the policy from the start, and write the account number, you will not be given a ref/claim number until later on.
    Good luck.;)
  • humbertding
    Options
    ***Thankyou again di3004, that clears that point up, so I'll be posting my claim off to Alliance & Leicester this week now, so I'll keep you posted. Cheers ! :beer:
  • di3004
    Options
    ***Thankyou again di3004, that clears that point up, so I'll be posting my claim off to Alliance & Leicester this week now, so I'll keep you posted. Cheers ! :beer:

Your very welcome, good luck.:beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family