Reclaiming from GE MoneyDont know where to start

Options
:oHi all, wondering if anyone can help me....Ive just dug out a letter from GE Money dated 20 July 2009 telling me that I will no longer be covered under their payment protection insurance.......didnt know I had it........dont know what its for and dont know where to start to find out!
Would obviously like to try to claim back the PPI but as I know nothing about it, I dont know if I can. The only thing I have is an account number with them

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    chelle400z wrote: »
    :oHi all, wondering if anyone can help me....Ive just dug out a letter from GE Money dated 20 July 2009 telling me that I will no longer be covered under their payment protection insurance.......didnt know I had it........dont know what its for and dont know where to start to find out!
    Would obviously like to try to claim back the PPI but as I know nothing about it, I dont know if I can. The only thing I have is an account number with them

Hi and welcome

You can make a reclaim on what you have paid into the account of ppi and the interest, but I think you have a case here because you obviously did not know what it was for, so obviously they added this and it was not explained or discussed with you.

You have the account number that is fine, so just complete the questionnaire below - shown as stage one.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#reclaim
    Complete and send to whoever set up and sold you the policy, remember to keep a copy as well, in case you need to refer to this at some point later on.

They have 8 weeks to give a decision, they do sometimes ask for more time.

If you want to also write a cover letter in your own words, for instance maybe you want to give them more information, you can also enclose that with the questionnaire.

Good luck, please keep us posted, cheers.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport