We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Interest Free Credit Card & ISA

Hi,

I have a sum of £5500 on my credit card. I have the money to pay it off now but want to know if I'd be better off in the long run to put the money in an ISA and transfer the balance to a new card that is interest free for balance transfers. It looks like I could get something like a 12 -14 month interest free transfer at 2.9% one off fee but I don't know much about ISA's and am not clear on how much interest the money would make if I used this approach-would the ISA make more than the £160 it woud cost to do the balalnce transfer?

Can anybody help!!

Thanks

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.