Starting new claim to reassess?

Options
Hello Guys,

I wanted some advice on the best way forward:-

I had a few PPI claims rejected, mainly from GE Money!!!, back in 2008/2009. I unfortunately didnt pursue any further through FOS due to lack of knowledge, etc.

However, I have been reading somewhere that the FOS are allowing reassessments of past rejections. Can I do this after all this time? Some may be over the 6/7 years now. Were not when I first did them though.

If so, would this mean starting new claim to lender, maybe asking them to reassess past rejection due to new FSA guidlines, etc.

To late to go to FOS now presumably.

Your expert opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Andy

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    amonag68 wrote: »
    Hello Guys,

I had a few PPI claims rejected, mainly from GE Money!!!, back in 2008/2009. I unfortunately didnt pursue any further through FOS due to lack of knowledge, etc.

However, I have been reading somewhere that the FOS are allowing reassessments of past rejections. Can I do this after all this time? Some may be over the 6/7 years now. Were not when I first did them though.

If so, would this mean starting new claim to lender, maybe asking them to reassess past rejection due to new FSA guidlines, etc.

Many Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy

Sorry to hear of your earlier rejections.

I would give it another go anyway, because its right what you said - that they are able to re-investigate previous rejected complaints.
    I would therefore maybe start afresh and see what they come back with.

I would then complete the reclaiming questionnaire as shown on link below as stage one, you send this to whoever as you know set this up from the start, and remember to keep a copy as well for your reference, and in case you need to refer to it later on.
    Also as you are aware, they have 8 weeks in full to give a decision.
    If they come back and say they have already looked and rejected your complaint, maybe you could make it clear of the FSA rulings.
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance#reclaim

(Or maybe make a little note of it now to enclose on a cover letter perhaps_.

Please note the above questionnaire replaced the first reclaiming letter on this site.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Cheers.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • robbedofmymoney
    Options
    amonag68 wrote: »
    Hello Guys,

Many Thanks

Andy

hi,
    do you have the dates you were rejected as if it was later part of 2009 you may still be able to go straight to the FOS, it would be worht giving the FOS a call to discuss.

earlier this year they gave a 6 month extension for consumers to refer their complaints to them covering a certain period for complaints rejected by the lenders last year
    I'm proud to say that the banks no longer take money from me after becoming debt free
  • amonag68
    Options
    No most were early 2009, I have tried again on a couple since but they either ignore my letters or just send me a brief reply reminding me that they have already rejected. This is why I thought I could try again but this time remind them of the FOS guidlines of starting again with rejected complaints. Was this an official rule/guidline so that I can quote it in a covering letter that they must reassess?
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Some media news on PPI.......

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/dab893e6-a46c-11df-abf7-00144feabdc0.html

Rejected complaints to be re-opened.
    http://www.moneywise.co.uk/news-views/2009/09/29/rejected-ppi-complaints-to-be-reopened

I would make a point about this to them in your letter.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport