reclaiming ppi

Options
hi there if anyone is thinking of going with a ppi Management Company to reclaim , then stay clear of CONSUMER CREDIT SERVICES OF Llannelli, they told me over the phone it would cost me £200 for their services, and oh boy its been a nightmare trying to get a refund, i sent recorded letter to them and they have not responded, ill give you a tip dont agree to any monies till you have seen any documents, i have repoted it to the MINISTRY OF JUSTICE, the regulator

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    MIKE2 wrote: »
    hi there if anyone is thinking of going with a ppi Management Company to reclaim , then stay clear of CONSUMER CREDIT SERVICES OF Llannelli, they told me over the phone it would cost me £200 for their services, and oh boy its been a nightmare trying to get a refund, i sent recorded letter to them and they have not responded, ill give you a tip dont agree to any monies till you have seen any documents, i have repoted it to the MINISTRY OF JUSTICE, the regulator

Hi Mike and welcome

thanks for posting up with some good advice on not to use this company.
    And sorry you had problems, however its best to steer clear from all claiming companies and to have a go yourself with free help from this site if required.

Cheers and the best of luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    MIKE2 wrote: »
    I agree to what you are saying about not parting with money but how did you come to do this without seeing any documents?

I am glad you have complained to MOJ but going from posts on here they are pretty useless in cases like this. I just hope they can help you but have little faith in their doing so TBH.

Have you tried a MCOL (Money claim online) to get it back? I know its a risk but I doubt they would want to end up in court.
  • Chris_mcneil
    Options
    Good advice. I know people should avoid claims companies anyway, but is there a list of verified dodgy scam companies on the forum anywhere? just as a reference to anyone who gets a call from the bogus ones and wants to check up
    Debts remaining: £0/£16000
    PPI reclaimed: Halifax £2300, Welcome Finance - £2400
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    edited 23 September 2010 at 8:17PM
    Options
    Good advice. I know people should avoid claims companies anyway, but is there a list of verified dodgy scam companies on the forum anywhere? just as a reference to anyone who gets a call from the bogus ones and wants to check up
    I think it would be a good idea to make people aware but don't think there is a list or whether it would be possible to make one in fact. Mostly someone will step in and throw a few posts to view so they can make their own minds up about seemingly dodgy companies and hopefully keep their money in their pocket and claim themselves.

Dodgy companies pop up daily and will continue to do so until the MOJ do something about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure