In-Car Digital Video Recorder

After watching Tonight with Trevor Mcdonald the other night about people deliberately causing road accidents to make fraudulent insurance claims, I looked into the possibility of setting camera(s) in my car to record such incidents.

A quick google search showed that a company called Truscene make such a unit. The catch is that it costs 500 quid.

I am hoping to make such a unit for less than half that. I have an Inforad GPS speed camera detector that constantly logs my location, and a camera and monitor can be had on a popular auction site for around £50.

The last item that I need for a DIY system is a Digital Video Vecorder that can record continuously and can be stopped manually as required. The important thing is that the recorder must overwrite from the beginning once the memory is full. Units I have seen stop once the memory is full. It must also be small enough to conceal in the car so as not to attract theives.

I have also seen recorders that only record when motion is detected, so this would sound ideal for drivingas it would stop when you do, but these tend to have very limited memory capacity.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family