HFC info

Options

Posted a while ago about trying to claim back the PPI i paid to HFC a number of years back and have not got any further forward.

Basically i sent an SAR request to them got response saying not obliged to send one as the accounts are over 6 years old,i requested it again with a covering letter stating i am entitled to the information under the freedom of information act again i got the same response from them.

I filled in a form on the ICO website they have failed to respond and when i rang them they could not give me any details about if what HFC are telling me is correct.

I am now thinking of a different tact,if i were to send them the PPI claim letter are they then obliged to investigate the complaint and potentially refund the premiums as barclaycard and Capital one have recently done even though these were from a similar time?

Oh by the way when HFC responded they included the account numbers on the letter which suggests they still have all the info but are just refusing to issue it to me

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options

Posted a while ago about trying to claim back the PPI i paid to HFC a number of years back and have not got any further forward.

Basically i sent an SAR request to them got response saying not obliged to send one as the accounts are over 6 years old,i requested it again with a covering letter stating i am entitled to the information under the freedom of information act again i got the same response from them.

I filled in a form on the ICO website they have failed to respond and when i rang them they could not give me any details about if what HFC are telling me is correct.

I am now thinking of a different tact,if i were to send them the PPI claim letter are they then obliged to investigate the complaint and potentially refund the premiums as barclaycard and Capital one have recently done even though these were from a similar time?

Oh by the way when HFC responded they included the account numbers on the letter which suggests they still have all the info but are just refusing to issue it to me

Hi Johnny

I take it then you did not have the account numbers to start with and they still came back with them then?

I would continue with a reclaim then, see what they come back with and take it from there, give it a go anyway, good luck with this.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • johnnyroper
    Options
    That's correct did not have any details I just gave them previos address details,they put account numbers on the letter.

Going to try straight reclaim without getting a SAR and see what they come back with.

Thanks for response
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    That's correct did not have any details I just gave them previos address details,they put account numbers on the letter.

Going to try straight reclaim without getting a SAR and see what they come back with.

Thanks for response

Hiya and good for you.
    Well they must have them somewhere, so it does make you think.;)

Good luck.
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family