Direct Debit Not Taken

Hi guys

Do you think I need to be worried - my family think not.

I had two accounts with Lloyds TSB and changed my mortgage direct debit to my other LLoyds account to gain more interest before the DD is taken.

Anyway, it all went through early in September. I had written confirmation from my mortgage company that the next direct debit would be taken on 30 September. They also confirmed that the direct debit for the other account had been cancelled. I left it a week and cancelled this DD my end also, as I want to close this account.

Needless to say, the DD has not been taken. :confused: They haven't even 'reserved' the money to come out on Monday. I can see on my online banking that it has been set up though.

Should I be worried? I guess I have written confirmation from the mortgage company but am worrying that I might get a 'late' payment thing on my credit rating or something.

I can't get through to them today, so I guess it'll have to wait until Monday. Just a tad worried.......

Cx

Comments

• masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,003
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Some online banking systems will show pending payments, others won't. If it doesn't go out on Monday, that is the time to get concerned.
  • Cara79
    Cara79 Posts: 580 Forumite
    Thanks!

I think normally I wouldn't be too worried, but in the last few months I've really got into this MSE site and it's made me so much aware of my credit rating/history etc.

Just good to get opinions.
    Cara
  • I am not sure your case. But I think I have a similar case as yours. I changed my direct debit for my Capital One credit card from Cahoot to Halifax. I sent out the form to Capital One in the end of July. They never managed to set it up with Halifax. BUT they cancelled it with Cahoot. So I was charged interest in August. I got refunded after a few calls, e-mails and letter. I logged on my credit card account on the internet, guess what, they tried to get the payment on 25 Sep, but failed. I don't know what is happenning. I called Capital One again, the Indian lady told me my Bank (Halifax) rejected the payment, so I need to call my bank. OK, I called Halifax, they said there wasn't any payment request from Capital One. And they suggested me to call back Capital One. Hmmm....I will wait untill this month statement, hopefully I will not be charged whatever fee again.

So your case, you better check with your bank as soon as possible!
  • Cara79 wrote:
    They haven't even 'reserved' the money to come out on Monday.

My payments for monday aren't showing up on LTSB internet banking yet, I don't think they do until very late Sunday night.
  • waddy80
    waddy80 Posts: 1,157
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If you go onto lloyds tsb internet banking, if they have registered the new dd on the account it should show on your dd's as a 0.00 amount, with the satus of registered. If it is not on there they have not registered the dd mandate and it is the mortgage company's problem.
    Money, money, money, must be funny....in a rich mans world.

• Cara79
    Cara79 Posts: 580 Forumite
    Thanks guys. Am pleased to say that have logged into internet banking today and they have taken the money with tomorrow's date on it. Am really pleased.

I could see that the DD had been set up in my listing, but thought it would have been taken on friday or saturday, as I'd ticked the last (working?) day of the month.

Ah well, can rest easy now.
    Thanks for all your help guys
    Cx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills