We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Best Setting for Electric Boiler?
Amnesia180
Posts: 213 Forumite
in Energy
Hi All,
I've recently been looking at my boiler and have noticed it has been set to "on" constantly. Since November we have been paying £30 per month and I've used approx £29 more than I've been billed for.
I've changed the DD to £35 to make up for this.
Now, I have made sure the boiler is not constantly heating up the water and am putting the timer to come on for an hour before we wake up and 3 hours before I come home from work.
There are 2 of us living in the flat, and we have a bath and a shower. We use the shower most evenings and occassionaly have a bath if we are not showering.
We do the washing up for the day in the evening also.
Do you think I will save money by having the boiler only heat at certain times during the day, or is it cheaper to keep topping up the hot water by leaving it constantly on?
We also have central heating that is linked to the boiler, so I do not yet know what affect that might have.
Thanks in advance,
Amnesia
I've recently been looking at my boiler and have noticed it has been set to "on" constantly. Since November we have been paying £30 per month and I've used approx £29 more than I've been billed for.
I've changed the DD to £35 to make up for this.
Now, I have made sure the boiler is not constantly heating up the water and am putting the timer to come on for an hour before we wake up and 3 hours before I come home from work.
There are 2 of us living in the flat, and we have a bath and a shower. We use the shower most evenings and occassionaly have a bath if we are not showering.
We do the washing up for the day in the evening also.
Do you think I will save money by having the boiler only heat at certain times during the day, or is it cheaper to keep topping up the hot water by leaving it constantly on?
We also have central heating that is linked to the boiler, so I do not yet know what affect that might have.
Thanks in advance,
Amnesia
0
Comments
-
Just a polite bump - does anyone have any tips on how they configure theirs?0
-
It will be cheaper to use it on the timer rather than leave it constantly on.0
-
Electric boiler...do you mean an immersion heater? If you do, when we rented our all electric place with an immersion 30 mins a day was fine for washing up, we didnt have a bath and the shower was an electric unit that heated water when you wanted it. I could imagine 1 hour's worth would be fine for a bath and some washing up. Try it and see, the only way you will find out because everyone's system is different with regards to size and insulation0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
