Anyone else experiencing problems getting credit back from Npower?

Options
About a month ago I received my annual review from Npower which said my credit (over £100) will be automatically credited to my bank account. This unfortunately did not happen so I phoned them and they confirmed I will receive the full credit amount in seven working days. Again this didn't happen so I emailed them and they responded saying I will be credited on the 20th (yesterday) which did happen BUT they didn't credit me the full amount, I am about £50 short.

I have been with Npower for just over a year, is carelessness a usual thing with them?

Comments

• davidgmmafan
    Options
    Well they have been coming bottom of customer satisfaction surveys consistantly for some time. They're bringing in a new system soon which wil magically solve all the problems honest.
    Mixed Martial Arts is the greatest sport known to mankind and anyone who says it is 'a bar room brawl' has never trained in it and has no idea what they are talking about.
  • undaunted
    undaunted Posts: 1,870 Forumite
    Options
    You are quite entitled to ask for your credit back & they need to provide a good explanation for any refusal to do so.

"27.16 Where any Credit has accumulated under a Domestic Supply Contract and the
    relevant Domestic Customer requests that the licensee do so, the licensee must, save
    where it is fair and reasonable in all the circumstances for the licensee not to do so,
    refund, in a timely manner any Credit which has accumulated under that Domestic
    Supply Contract to the relevant Domestic Customer. Where the licensee considers
    that it is fair and reasonable in all the circumstances for it not to refund any Credit
    which has accumulated under a Domestic Supply Contract in accordance with this
    provision, it must inform the relevant Domestic Customer of its view and of the
    reasons for holding that view."

http://epr.ofgem.gov.uk/document_fetch.php?documentid=15253
  • davidgmmafan
    Options
    If the account is billed up to date (to accurate meter readings) then it should be refunded. Even if the customer is only asking for a refund because they don't understand how a direct debiit works.

You should end up around £100 in credit with NPower as they don't include the DD discount of £100 when setting the DD payment.
    Mixed Martial Arts is the greatest sport known to mankind and anyone who says it is 'a bar room brawl' has never trained in it and has no idea what they are talking about.
  • Terrylw1
    Terrylw1 Posts: 7,038 Forumite
    Options
    Have they bill you again in between whe this happened and they have adjusted for higher consumption? Also, if you had a meter read that makes your bill higher than your DD covers, you have used it so they have possibly deducted from your credit?
    :rotfl: It's better to live 1 year as a tiger than a lifetime as a worm...but then, whoever heard of a wormskin rug!!!:rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure