Guidance on trip to Paris

Hello fellow moneysavers,

Im planning a suprise birthday trip for my girlfriend in November. You have to forgive me if i come across stupid.

I had orginally planned to use the Telegraph Eurostar 2 for 1 offer but they are quite anal in regards to departure time in London and Paris. What really annoys me that if i plan to leave on Sunday (Paris), it has to be before 10am in the morning. If want to leave on Friday (London), it has to be after 1pm in the afternoon. Really doesnt leave a lot of time in Paris i think.

I have been looking around on lastminute.com and opodo website but i think they are a little bit dear!

Does anybody have any recommendations on how i can save money for this trip and what to look out for please?

Your guidance would be much appreciated!

Regards
J

Comments

• I'm not sure where you would prefer to fly from but Ryan air have some cheap flights from East Midlands airport to Paris... Thats all I can help I'm afraid
  • Have you thought about going on Eurostar? Lastminutes and Expedias deals including accomadtion are very good. Very quick check in too - just like swiping a train ticket through any other train barrier.

Search at LAstminute for first weekend of nov

I've stayed at the Hotel Wilson which is a cheap two star that shows up on there. It's a ten min train rid out from the Paris centre and though basic is ideal - I'd suggest trying to get somewhere central if possible as you are only there for the weekend.

Let me know how you get on - I can reccomend some places to visit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure