PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Brocolli & Cauliflower

Options
The leafs & stems etc on Brocolli & Cauliflower. Do people normally just throw all these in aswell.

Was just wondering what to do with them

Comments

• Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    I always put a few of the leaves in with mine and I like the stalky bit too.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • aurora_borealis_2
    Options
    I eat it all :)
    de do-do-do, de dar-dar-dar ;)
  • CarolnMalky
    CarolnMalky Posts: 14,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We feed ours to our wee rabbit toffee! :D
    If you obey all the rules...you miss all the fun!! Katherine Hepburn
  • Hello
    Hello Posts: 358 Forumite
    Options
    Don't like the stalks - can't see the point but I do eat them, along with a few leaves if available!
    Ciggie free 2am 21/09/06. Debt free 25/06/09.
    'It was such a lovely day I thought 'it's a pity to get up'' W. Somerset Maugham.
  • researcher
    researcher Posts: 1,539 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    slice like water-chestnuts and add to stirfrys, or add to soups
  • HappyShopper3
    Options
    I didn't know you could eat the whole cauliflower! I used to think it was a waste throwing out the leaves and stalk. While on the subject of veg, can you freeze cooked potato and frozen veg that has been cooked?

I'm just having my tea and made too much gravy. Can I freeze that too?
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 580 Forumite
    Options
    I didn't know you could eat the whole cauliflower! I used to think it was a waste throwing out the leaves and stalk. While on the subject of veg, can you freeze cooked potato and frozen veg that has been cooked?

I'm just having my tea and made too much gravy. Can I freeze that too?

In order;
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    &
    Yes

I think that covers it.:D
  • HappyShopper3
    Options
    Thank you kindly. Just leaving the gravy to cool down now!
  • Squishy
    Options
    What do you do with the leaves? Just boil and eat it kind of like a cabbage? I've never tried this before and it sounds interesting.
  • leeegglestone
    Options
    Thats what I presumed too. Ive kept them all in a Bag just incase I decide to use them. just depends what Im gonna make.

Its right though, seems a shame to throw em away especially when its good for you. Saying that a programme 2night went on about all the chemicals in our foods, even fresh fruit and veg, makes u wonder are we really better off eating fruit n veg, anyway thats another topic all together.

The meal I made with my brocolli & cauli, cost me like 31p. amazing eh
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family