lloydstsb gold service plus account

Options
Hi,

I was looking at this account

http://www.lloydstsb.com/current_accounts/added_value_accounts/gold_serv_current_account.asp

I am with lloyds, if I upgraded I would pay £10 a month for this account. £120 a year.

Do you think it is worth it? I will soon be paying around £85 for worldwide travel insurance and ~£60 for AA. I work out that I would be up £20 and get sentinal card insurance (and some other bits and bobs) too.

What do you guys think? Should I do this or have you got any better ideas?

Cheers,

Olly
## No signature by order of the management ##

Comments

• Sponge
    Sponge Posts: 834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I was going to upgrade to the Gold account last year as it worked out to be good value. At the time I needed joint breakdown cover and travel insurance too. However, I then bought a car that came with breakdown cover, so it was no longer worth upgrading my account. So I didn't.
  • exel1966
    exel1966 Posts: 4,978 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have the Gold Service account, but fortunately I don't have to pay for it (old account) even though I do get the benfefits. If I did have to pay I'd think it fairly good value for £120pa.
    The only really useful benefits are the AXA Travel Insurance (can reccomend it having used once before), the AA cover and the Sentinel cover. The mobile insurance is highly restrictive and would probably eliminate most common claims and the excess is around £50-60ish from memory.

On the open market a good Travel insurance policy would be what ? £75.00
    AA Cover as provided by LLoyds about £50 ?
    Sentinel £20 ?

Obviously they are very rough guesses, but you would save overall.
  • waddy80
    waddy80 Posts: 1,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    See link below for the mobile insurance that's included, it's actually improved vastly. Only a £30 excess. You can also choose to insure a family members phone instead, which is great for teenage kids etc!

HERE

Also AA cover can be upgraded if you need to. On the platinum account the travel insurance includes free family cover or winter sports.

If it's a joint acc you get all the benefits for both account holders. It's not bad! I use the platinum, never had any problems.

(I will mention I am slightly biased as I do work for LTSB, however in no way are these offical comments)
    Money, money, money, must be funny....in a rich mans world.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure